Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice surprise capture.

Always..Lookin

My Nikon goes where ever I go,I see one last year that came down to the river while fishing about 10 feet from me,all I could do was look at it,if I had tried to get a shot it would have vanished before I even touched my camera.I got a shot of one 6 years ago quite far out in the same area as this one,there is a beaver dam there I like to checkout while down there,walking to it I caught a movement of something running across a log,I slowly raised my camera and started scanning that direction,it was looking me right in the eye.

FSCN5610_InPixio.jpg

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

Beautiful picture! There are quite a few around here but they are very shy and seldom seen. A few years back, I was in an area hunting quail. I had two lab retrievers in the back of the pickup. While driving along I saw a mother bobcat and 4 kittens sitting on the rocks a short distance away. I had my DSLR along but really couldn't stop to take pictures for fear the dogs would see them and jump out and get their butt kicked. The only picture I got was in my head.

When I was a kid, my dad and I were returning from the ranch and we saw a mother bobcat with kittens following in a row. I told dad to go get a kitten for me but he told me that if I wanted one, I had to go get it myself.

The nice thing is my kitty sleeps in a straw bed I built her under my front deck protected from weather. I don't have to set mouse traps anymore. She stands up to the local red fox they all have their picking order. Got it on game camera.

Had my daughter when she was about 12 out on an elk hunt and I got a nice cow on a late hunt. On the way back to get the second load we had a bobcat cross the trail ahead of us. The dang thing let us get about 50’ from it before it scampered off. She asked though, just before that, if I thought she could pet it. I told her when we got home I would start Grandpa’s table saw up and she could try petting that first. Still not sure what that look was she gave me…..
I’ve got two kids with a knack for photos, I’m jealous. The things I wished I could have taken photos of……