Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Coil message, not once, not twice, 3 times

For some unexplained reason I am getting the No Coil message on the control unit when I turn it on.

I know that the coil has a full charge, as this has happened 3 times in the past week and a half and I put the coil back on the charger, and each time the light on the coil is not blinking in the standby mode.

This morning, I took the coil off of the charger and monitored the blinking light in standby and it does what it is supposed to do, but as soon as I turned on the Control Unit, the light goes solid and then Poof it shuts off and I get the No Coil Message all over again.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening? I did check the Coil Menu and I only have 1 coil listed.

Doesnt sound good, try calling the distributor out in Ma and see if theres a simple re-boot you could do ?!? hopefully its nothing major ...

Gotta send the coil, remote, and charging system back to them so they can check it out.

Mike at XP Detectors was very good at returning my call. 1/2 hour turn around for that, which is pretty good in my book.

He said he has never heard of the problem that I am experiencing and says that it definitely sounds like an electrical problem.

One thing he asked me though was if it did that when I tried to conect with the Backbones, which I never even gave any thought to, so I'll check that out and see if it does that with them as well. Heck, I might have to send in nearly the whole package.

Hoping it's just a bad battery issue. Either way he said they would look into it and take care of it for me.

Will post what I findout about it.

Take a look at the coil blinking light should be every 4 seconds if it is longer your coil is not fully charged. I had the same problem did not have the prongs on the coil fully.

shadowman said:
Take a look at the coil blinking light should be every 4 seconds if it is longer your coil is not fully charged. I had the same problem did not have the prongs on the coil fully.

No blinking at all.

Once I turn on the remote the light goes solid then goes out and does not return to blinking. Before I turned the remote on, it was blinking every 3 seconds as it should.

I'll find out the problem once I get it back from XP Americas

Did you try going to programmes, select coil to match the one fitted while the headset was swtiched on to match and pair up.

Just a thought to try out.as compters do funny tings sometimes.Jerry.:thumbup:

JBM said:
Did you try going to programmes, select coil to match the one fitted while the headset was swtiched on to match and pair up.

That was one of the first thing s I did Jerry, except I did not try it with the headphones.

In fact, Mike from XP America asked if the problem was like that with the phones and I told him that I never even gave that a try. So, later that night, I had to put the charging clip back on the coil, as it seems to give it a jump start (so to speak) and once I got the light on the coil I disconnected the clip. Took the Backbones and turned them on and got signal through them, so they paired up with the coil right off the bat. So, while the Backbones were on and recieving a signal, I turned on the remote and go the signal from the coil through it as well.

I'll still send it in, but will give Mike and XP a call and fill him in a little more now that this has happened.

That happened to me as well. Turned out that I did not have the clip on firmly and the coil was not charging. Make sure the clip in on firmly and the coil light stays on to indicate that it is charging. I initially thought the coil battery was bad to because I was sure the clip was on firmly, turned out not to be.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
That happened to me as well. Turned out that I did not have the clip on firmly and the coil was not charging. Make sure the clip in on firmly and the coil light stays on to indicate that it is charging. I initially thought the coil battery was bad to because I was sure the clip was on firmly, turned out not to be.

Well, I just talked to Mike from XP America again after I posted my latest, and he seems to think that the Charging Clip is the culprit and is sending me out a replacement. I did tell him that I had spent approximately 5 minutes trying to get a light on the coil. He and I seem to think that either one of the contacts is not aligned properly or, I'm thinking that the posts sticking out of the clip are not quite long enough to make a solid contact. Now my detecting buddy says that he has no problem with his clip. He gets a solid light as soon as he attaches it to the coil.

Fingers are crossed that this is the problem.

Got the new Charging Clip in the mail on July 9th and hooked it up for a charging session which took about 3 hours to complete and tried syncing the coil to the remote afterwards. Still the No Coil message on the remote.

Made another call to XP Americas and was instructed to send it in. I spoke to one of the repair techs (Mo) and he walked me through resetting the remote and we also added it as a second coil with no luck. He told me he has only seen this happen 2 other times, so this makes 3,

I have to say, the guys a XP America are great to talk with and they work with you over the phone to see if it can be corrected prior to shipping it back to them.

I'll post another update when I hear more.

It's good to know that's not a common problem and service is on top of it! Hopefully your turn-around time is quick.

Something within the coil itself went wacky, so they replaced it with a Brand new coil since it was only a couple months old.

XPAmericas is 1 top notch facility.

The turn around time on this was 1 week. They got it on July 13 and it was at my door 1 week later.

Oh, and they called me when they found out the problem and filled me in on what they were planning on doing.

Great report! XP is really doing an excellent job of standing behind their stuff. Even a few times it was customer induced problems! Kudos!