Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

no depth! is 6 in. really deep enough?

A

Anonymous

no mater what I do I just can't seem to get any deeper than 6 in. down. I've tried ground balancing both ways,I have a CZ-3D. I do set my disk 3 or 4 I'm in a lot of parks {trash} sens. at 5 to 6. I run enhance mode. It does go a little deeper this way. Even when I air test say a quarter flat on the ground I'm lucky to get 6 in. Any ideas? I thought the disk setting didn't change your depth,auto tone doe's go a little deeper. I don't use head phones much I leave my vol. at 7 to 10. The set I have the cord doesn't seem to be long enough when you set you unit on the ground to dig! Is there one out there that is a favorite or better to use with the CZ-3D ?
I've had the unit for about 3 months now and yes I am new to this GREAT hobbie! Heres what I've got 121 pennies 2 wheat 1944 1942. 10 nickles none old. 15 dimes none old. 6 quarters none old. some good stuff a ring a braclet a old cottle bell lots and lots of neat items. If its just me thats fine please give me a suggestion or two {be nice}
ronboy44

Get a set of headphones. They don't have to be the really expensive ones. You'll want to get something that will at least bring out the softer, deeper, signals.
You didn't mention where you're from. Here where I'm at in MI, most deep targets are around 6 - 7" down. The soil here is highly mineralized with a lot of iron in the matrix. I'm actually surprised that I get the depth I do.
HH from Allen in MI

The arewa where you hunt mite only have targets that deep. I have found 200 year old coins at cellar pits that were only down an inch.
Good Headphones are a must have for a few different reasons. First reason is that they will allow you to hear the softer deeper signal. You need to listen carefully for the real soft faint whispers. You just can't hear them without some good headphones. I use Killer B's and the work great.
2nd reason is... Headphones will help block out ambient noise around you... again... allowing you to hear those soft signals.
3rd reason is... For all the people around you... most people don't want to listen to your detector beeping... it can be very annoying. It could result in complaints to the park board and result in banning of detecting in your area. Please be considerate of others.
Good luck and happy hunting
Reaney in NH

Many feel the hobby is easy , but it takes time in the field to get the deepies if you are in an area with deepies. Surely headphones will help you hear and isolate the target..Not playing on a level ballfield some States a 5-6 inch target is deep and other a 10 inch plus one is deep.In my neck of the woods a 10 inch plus silver dime is had frequently but on the average a 5-6 one is more common.I remember my first year in the hobby and i sure wasn't an overnight success. If you can find an experienced clubmember or mentor it wuld sure help. My guess is if there is deep silver where you are hunting you are walking right over it. Patience my man, find an old area and hunt frequently as a CZ goes as deep as any and I have used a bunch of different units.

I had a brand new 3d and it would only air test a quarter at about 3 to 4 inches. Sent it back to dealer and he sent me a different one and it tested 9 to 11 inches. Something was definately wrong with the first one. I have had several of the cz models and knew 3 to 4 in. was not nearly good enough.. just my 2 cents worth..