Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No mineralization strength bar during sweep

retired_dude

After upgrading to version 3.2 software on the Deus, the vertical bar representing mineralization strength (not the mineralization index) does not display any bars/dots. If you pump the coil over the ground, a few bars/dots show up but almost immediately fade away. During sweeping the coil, no bars/dots appear on the vertical bar on the right of the display---is that normal? I believe the mineralization is low to moderate in my area but other detectors indicate some mineralization. I have downloaded the 3.2 version twice and get the same results.

I had the same results with v2.0 and 3.1 in my yard. I thought something was wrong until I took it to a location in my yard where I poured highly mineralized sands from AZ. Then the bar showed the mineral content.
It may just be the soil in your area. I seldom check the bar, but when I have its never been over 3 segments anywhere in my general area (25 miles radius).

As we have discussed, this is a new issue; i.e. ,have not seen it before but the feedback from the factory is that many areas in fact will show no FE3O4 content even with higher GB numbers displayed. There is no direct correlation between the two - one shows the degree of mineralization present and the other the magnetite content. You have mineralized soil with little magnetite.

Recently I was hunting a site near an old coal mine in Illinois and the Deus GB'd at 85-89 most of the time and with the exception of one spot near a slag heap, I got just the faintest indication on the ground bar.

If you are getting the performance you want, don't read anything into an indication that in all likelihood is not supposed to be present. Since you are near the ocean where there should be black sand, if you are concerned over the lack of the bar, swing by and see what happens.

I am trying to dig up a small hot rock I can send you - all I seem to have are the 5lb+ pieces

Andy

Retired Dude, I also have no mineralization strength showing in the bar. I have discussed this with Andy and feel that this is due to lack of mineralization in the areas I live. (Houston and Corpus Christi) The Deus is working fine otherwise and has found some nice relics. When I can get a hot rock, I will try it to confirm.
Good Luck,
Kyle