Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

[No title]

BobH

1. Have you had the 30 and 50 running at the same time (maybe at yesterday's club hunt)?

2. If so, how close together without crosstalk (did the 50's noise cancel help)?

Thanks, Bob

I don't have 2 of each but I can say for certain that a 50 and 30 operating side by side will NOT cross talk and don't seem to have any adverse affect in stabilty or depth.
Now, I would hesitate to make that statement about having 2 of the 30's close to each other .. just don't know. 2 side by side 50's should not be a problem either.
H.H.
Mike

The results of that are in one of the posts I made last week, I believe.

I had a little crosstalk between them but I just dropped the X-Terra 50 to -1 and they were quiet and both still worked quite well. Even when the coils were about 4 feet apart! I had the same results with a +1 setting, and there was no change in the visual or audio performance of my X-Terra 50.

Monte

Hi, Bob.

My buddy Frank used the 50 & I used the 30. We hunted for a while just 3 or 4 feet apart & experienced no cross talk.

BTW, Frank had never used an X-Terra before and was favorably impressed with the 50.

Bill

They may or may not cross talk as I don't know, but even at short distances is either unit affected( depth stability and the like)
Inquiring minds would like to know...Read an interesting article on two partners using the same unit(another brand). Didn't cross talk when moved away but when they hunted together no deepies and when they hunted the same field alone both got some nice deep old coins..
Makes one wonder....

Yep, I read that about the Tejons and know it to be true from experience. I suspect there are plenty others that may have the problem if they don't have a frequency shifter or noise cancel option.
I dug bullets at 8-10" deep and my son was within 5' of me at times digging the same kind of targets at the same depth with me using the 50 and him using the 30. Again, I imagine two 50's wouldn't have any problems hunting side by side either.
Mike