Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta/Macro Gold Finder 2000

oldkoot

has anyone tried one of the Gold Finder 2000 detectors yet I am thinking about purchasing one but have been unable to find any reviews on them, i have a GM 1000 and love it but I hate the fact that is is so top heavy

I d not have a Gold Finder 2000 but it seems like a Gold Kruzer which I do have that has been simplified to be more user friendly (less settings) than the Gold Kruzer from what I can tell. I had a Gold Monster and it is a great detector, super sensitive to small gold and foil. I’m kind of old school and like having a threshold and a water proof detector with wireless head phones. That’s why I switched up to the Kruzer. The specs seem to be very similar between the Gold Finder and the Gold Kruzer. Maybe someone else who has a Gold Finder 2000 will jump in here.

I d not have a Gold Finder 2000 but it seems like a Gold Kruzer which I do have that has been simplified to be more user friendly (less settings) than the Gold Kruzer from what I can tell. I had a Gold Monster and it is a great detector, super sensitive to small gold and foil. I’m kind of old school and like having a threshold and a water proof detector with wireless head phones. That’s why I switched up to the Kruzer. The specs seem to be very similar between the Gold Finder and the Gold Kruzer. Maybe someone else who has a Gold Finder 2000 will jump in here.
yes thats my problem i can not seem to find any one that has used one i really like the looks of that gold finder 2000 though i just can not figure out if it would be any better than the GM 1000 (Gold Monster)

Me too...I want to get the wife a turn on and go gold machine and have been tossing up between the Gold Monster 1000 and Gold Finder 2000. Have watched a few videos of the Gold Finder and like the simplicity and power of the machine so I'll probably get one before we head to the fields next. The GM is nice but I think Nokta/Makro have a really refined machine with the Gold Finder that will work for her...definitely beat the old X-Terra 705 she was using last we were out. I was using my Equinox 800 which handles the fields really well with the new 10x5 coil from Coiltek. Pulled a few gold pieces at a very reasonable depth with it.

Me too...I want to get the wife a turn on and go gold machine and have been tossing up between the Gold Monster 1000 and Gold Finder 2000. Have watched a few videos of the Gold Finder and like the simplicity and power of the machine so I'll probably get one before we head to the fields next. The GM is nice but I think Nokta/Makro have a really refined machine with the Gold Finder that will work for her...definitely beat the old X-Terra 705 she was using last we were out. I was using my Equinox 800 which handles the fields really well with the new 10x5 coil from Coiltek. Pulled a few gold pieces at a very reasonable depth with it.
i love the GM1000 it is very sensitive to tiny bits of gold and non ferrous targets, the only thing i do not like about the GM 1000 is when you set it down if there is the slightest little slope it is so top heavy it wants to fall over which makes it a pain in the you know what when using a plastic scoop to find your target which is what I use scoop up the target and run across the coil to check yoou have to constantly sit the GM 1000 back up to do that, for this reason I am thinking of getting the Gold Finder 2000 it just looks like it would not be near as top heavy

I'm looking for a Gold machine as well.
Something that will work on the soils of the SW US.
Especially that hard red ground friends have told me about.
And hopefully function in Alaska where my lil brother lives. Been told my oll MXT actually does quite well in certain areas up there. The old GMT did as well.
Hope to snowbird between the two areas when I retire shortly.
I will be picking up a PI machine before I head out.
Though I want something that will run reliably where PI's are over whelmed by iron and trash.
A major issue in Alaska.
The 2000 sounds interesting. Though I don't like auto GB.
Not sure about the 1000. Though I haven't seen real in field testing. Especially anything at depth. Up to 6 inchs.
The Kruzer interests me. Especially since it's waterproof.
I do have a Eureka Gold that's never seen the gold fields. Less than 20 hrs on it.
I did add an audio amplifier to it as advised by a very experienced Aussie using it. Made an incredible improvement.
Playing around the farm here it finds very tiny stuff. Especially lead shot.
Though finding coils that peak for each different frequency is a problem. The factory coil is best in 20khz frequency only.
I chose it yrs ago for the 3 frequencies.
6.4 khz for Deep gold. Needs 10" + size coil.
20 khz for depth and small nugget size targets.
Factory coil works well there though it's Not waterproof.
60 khz for tiny gold. Takes small coil which I haven't been able to find.

Love to find something that is multi frequency like it ,lighter and water proof.
Preferably able to pick any one freq,any group of freq, or all at the same time. And reject iron especially nails an tacks Very well.
I haven't seen anything like that yet.
The Nox 800 interested me. And has done well on small gold. Though limiting freqs available in certain modes and how fragile it is has pretty much pushed me away.
Maybe they'll come out with an 1100. 😁
With everything I mentioned, proper coils and More Durable.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for a Gold machine as well.
Something that will work on the soils of the SW US.
Especially that hard red ground friends have told me about.
And hopefully function in Alaska where my lil brother lives. Been told my oll MXT actually does quite well in certain areas up there. The old GMT did as well.
Hope to snowbird between the two areas when I retire shortly.
I will be picking up a PI machine before I head out.
Though I want something that will run reliably where PI's are over whelmed by iron and trash.
A major issue in Alaska.
The 2000 sounds interesting. Though I don't like auto GB.
Not sure about the 1000. Though I haven't seen real in field testing. Especially anything at depth. Up to 6 inchs.
The Kruzer interests me. Especially since it's waterproof.
I do have a Eureka Gold that's never seen the gold fields. Less than 20 hrs on it.
I did add an audio amplifier to it as advised by a very experienced Aussie using it. Made an incredible improvement.
Playing around the farm here it finds very tiny stuff. Especially lead shot.
Though finding coils that peak for each different frequency is a problem. The factory coil is best in 20khz frequency only.
I chose it yrs ago for the 3 frequencies.
6.4 khz for Deep gold. Needs 10" + size coil.
20 khz for depth and small nugget size targets.
Factory coil works well there though it's Not waterproof.
60 khz for tiny gold. Takes small coil which I haven't been able to find.

Love to find something that is multi frequency like it ,lighter and water proof.
Preferably able to pick any one freq,any group of freq, or all at the same time. And reject iron especially nails an tacks Very well.
I haven't seen anything like that yet.
The Nox 800 interested me. And has done well on small gold. Though limiting freqs available in certain modes and how fragile it is has pretty much pushed me away.
Maybe they'll come out with an 1100. 😁
With everything I mentioned, proper coils and More Durable.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
The GM 1000 is a pretty much turn on and go detector with no threshold which took a bit getting accustomed to it runs silent until you get over a target,
The ground i hunted all the time ground balanced at 75-96 on my AT PRO it was pretty hot ground in some areas .the GM 1000 has no read outs so i would check the ground balance numbers with a machine that did, but i will tell you i never had an issue with the GM 1000 getting to noisy

i have only seen one video on the gold finder 2000 can you tell me where you seen the videos i would love to go view some

gold finder 3.7lbs. vs 2.94lbs gold monster i have had both in my hand & the gold finder is heaver
ill keep my monster

gold finder 3.7lbs. vs 2.94lbs gold monster i have had both in my hand & the gold finder is heaver
ill keep my monster
don't take me wrong i love the gold monster and like i stated the only thing i do not like is the falling over thing other then that the GM 1000 is a fantastic gold detector

how does the Gold Finder 2000 compare with the GM 1000 other then it is heavier then the GM 1000

there about the same give or take