Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Makro Simplex Metal Detector vs Minelab Vanquish

I like both company's detectors a lot. I would not put the Simplex versus the Vanquish however. Single frequency versus simultaneous multifrequencies is not a fair fight for either detector.
Simplex versus the AT series or the Makro Kruzer 14kHz would be a more fair fight. Also, Vanquish versus the Equinox 600 would make more sense to me as to which one is best for the money.

Jeff

No one knows and who knows when either one will be available. But I would be willing to take a guess as the simplex may be good for the money.

CoinHunter2 said:
XP Deus is a single frequency machine and it goes deeper than the Equinox 600/800

Not where I live and detect and I've owned all of them.

Jeff

Not so sure from the videos I just saw,,the simplex pretty much spanked the equinox 800 on depth and unmasking...Lots of opinions going around,,,but if that is indeed real life results I think Nokta / Makro won’t be matched price vs performance anytime soon..

I can tell you the build quality of the Simplex is outstanding. Very tactical feeling like police or military equipment. And just like the other Nokta/Makro metal detectors it works excellent in wet salty sand.

Just from build quality on nokta/makro, I would lean that way. Of all the different detectors I've owned in the past 5 years, hands down best quality in my opinion. Mine labs vanquish looks awesome, but how will they both perform is what I want to know.

I have owned detectors from every major detector company selling detectors in the USA including Minelab and Nokta Makro. All of them make excellent detectors BUT I have had a valid build quality issue with at least one detector from all of those companies too that required a warranty repair or return. Until we get the Simplex and Vanquish in our hands and compare them to the FTP, Whites and Garrett entry level detectors like the original poster said, this is all interesting speculation and opinions. Personally, I don't like a lot of red OR yellow when I'm detecting as I want to be as inconspicuous as possible when I'm digging in a public park. I also like for entry level detectors to be as lightweight and easy to use as possible so just about anyone of any size can use them. Nokta/Makro definitely makes solidly built detectors. They are also on the pretty heavy side of lightweight, so we'll see.

Jeff

CoinHunter2 said:
XP Deus is a single frequency machine and it goes deeper than the Equinox 600/800
I had both and here in Ct equinox is a deeper machine
Mark

Bigtom123 said:
Not so sure from the videos I just saw,,the simplex pretty much spanked the equinox 800 on depth and unmasking...Lots of opinions going around,,,but if that is indeed real life results I think Nokta / Makro won’t be matched price vs performance anytime soon..

Link to video?

Most machines will hit well on full size coins, but apparently the Vanquish is hot on the small tough targets, coins on edge etc

https://youtu.be/9LE9vXSS2DE

I now have both equinox and the Simplex. The equinox is definitely deeper than the Simplex, in my test garden. But it should be. The simplex is still a good detector for the money and it is plenty deep.

I don't see how you could go wrong with either. I have a vanquish 540 pack arriving on Monday. I love the nox 800 but want an eight inch coil so for the sweet coil I traded for a vanquish. My hunting partner just received his simplex and the build quality and weight is nice. It will soon offer smaller coils.

Texan, did you buy your Vanquish from a Finds dealer ? I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

I have both. I hunt in soil with a cold rock base. The Simplex handles these conditions without false signals caused by the cold rock. The Vanquish. responds to the cold rock with false signals and multiple I.D. On the salt water beach the Simplex strikes out with many false signals. The Vanquish shines on the wet salt sand. Your results may be different. It will come down to the type of ground you hunt.

I traded the original owner for the vanquish. It was sold by Dick's sporting center.