Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nokta pinpointer with simplex

The Simplex and Nokta Pinpointer are incompatible.

If the pinpointer is within ten feet of the detector both begin to erratically motorboat. The frequency shift on the Simplex will not resolve the problem.

Any pinpointer hovering about 12 kHz will do the same.

bigdawg47 said:
thinking of buying the nokta pinpointer, any issues using it with the simplex thanks
My Nokta Pinpointer was stolen two years ago, but it works similar to my Makro pointer and shares the same operating frequency. I have been using my Makro Pinpointer for 5 years now, and no problems. I just bought the new Pulse-Dime Pinpointer a couple of months ago, and so far, neither of them have caused me any issues with the Simplex+ Both of my Pinpointers work just fine, but I have been favoring the new Pulse-Dive Pinpointer when using the Simplex+.

Monte

My Nokta Pinpointer was stolen two years ago, but it works similar to my Makro pointer and shares the same operating frequency. I have been using my Makro Pinpointer for 5 years now, and no problems. I just bought the new Pulse-Dime Pinpointer a couple of months ago, and so far, neither of them have caused me any issues with the Simplex+ Both of my Pinpointers work just fine, but I have been favoring the new Pulse-Dive Pinpointer when using the Simplex+.

Monte

Might have to break down and buy one have you tried to pair it to your headphones,,,,,? CEDAR

cedarswamp:
Might have to break down and buy one have you tried to pair it to your headphones,,,,,? CEDAR

No, I haven't. My headphones are with the Anfibio Multi which a friend is using in Texas during our wintry weather. Besides, with my impaired hearing I prefer to use my corded headphones. Come summer I'll likely use the wireless with the Simplex+, but a lot of where I'm hunting now I just rely on the built-in speaker because there's no one around.

Monte

Another good thing about the Simplex is the volume.
With my Accu Sound headphones by Detectorpro the volume will blast your ears off if your not careful.

cedarswamp:

No, I haven't. My headphones are with the Anfibio Multi which a friend is using in Texas during our wintry weather. Besides, with my impaired hearing I prefer to use my corded headphones. Come summer I'll likely use the wireless with the Simplex+, but a lot of where I'm hunting now I just rely on the built-in speaker because there's no one around.

Monte
Just received my simplex plus and noticed it has only three freq, and F1 seem to quiet down with the garrett pinpointer activated not totaly siient but bearable maybee down the road an update will take care of the problem,,,,CEDAR

cedarswamp:
Just received my simplex plus and noticed it has only three freq, and F1 seem to quiet down with the garrett pinpointer activated not totaly siient but bearable maybee down the road an update will take care of the problem,,,,CEDAR

I acquired those few Pinpointers to evaluate, and had issues with some. They were resolved by setting my Simplex+ down on my opposite side from using the Pinpointer. Better yet, I don't have any EMI issues with my Makro Pointer I've been using for over 5 years now, nor with the new Pulse-Dive Pinpointer I bought a few months ago. Personally, I hope they don't do any 'updates' unless absolutely necessary. Not all PPers cause EMI, and it's simple just to position the detector a little farther from the hand-held Pinpointer.

Just my experiences.

Monte

I will be trying to match the Simplex with the same manufacturers pin pointer next week.
I will be disappointed if they cant work near each other.:rolleyes:

I will be trying to match the Simplex with the same manufacturers pin pointer next week.
I will be disappointed if they cant work near each other.:rolleyes:
Just be sure to get the PulseDive. It works beautifully with the Simplex+. The older Nokta Pinpointer, according to other posters, causes interference with the Simplex+. The PulseDive has 40 levels of frequency shift and IF it causes noise with the Simplex+, the frequency can be shifted to quieten the Simplex+. I had to shift mine as it was causing lots of interference, but after doing the frequency shift, it was as quiet as a mouse. .

As I have mentioned in different posts regarding the Simplex + and Pinpointers, I have sold off, or am still selling off, othr Pinpointers I bought for some evaluation work on EMI. The two Pinpointers I use are my Makro Pointer I have had since Jan. 8th of 2015, and 5 years later if works great, never have had a problem with it, and there's no EMI issues with my Simplex or other devices. The newest and perhaps favorite of all the Pinpointers I've owned and used is the Pulse-Rive Pinpointer. Works great and, again, no EMI issues.

I haven't changed the Frequency Shift on my Simplex+ and haven't changed anything on the Pulse-Dive Pinpointer. Just my personal experiences so far.

Monte