Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Simplex SP24 coil

MigColG

The VDI number has slightly changed with the SP24 coil installed. The good news is that a nickle registers at exactly "30." This is a great discriminator as the foils and aluminum bits are in the 20's and pull tabs in the low 40's. My machine is killing the "V" and Buffalo nickles. The depth is still within the coin range of 4 to 6 inches, as it hammered on a Barber and Winged Liberty dime at those depths. I'm doing well with the large tree roots, as the coil fits in between and runs the length close to sides. A bit problematic when digging, but the coins are detected and recovered.

The VDI number has slightly changed with the SP24 coil installed. The good news is that a nickle registers at exactly "30." This is a great discriminator as the foils and aluminum bits are in the 20's and pull tabs in the low 40's. My machine is killing the "V" and Buffalo nickles. The depth is still within the coin range of 4 to 6 inches, as it hammered on a Barber and Winged Liberty dime at those depths. I'm doing well with the large tree roots, as the coil fits in between and runs the length close to sides. A bit problematic when digging, but the coins are detected and recovered.
I found an almost 8 inch seated dime with that coil a couple days ago

I found an almost 8 inch seated dime with that coil a couple days ago
Congratulations on nabbing a seated. It has been too cold to make it out to the closest Ghost Town oh, and for some reason it still has not coughed up a single Seated Liberty coin. Barbers, back to 1892, but no Seated. Before our ground froze I worked my Simplex with that 5X9 1/2 DD and hit on several coins in the 6" to 8" DD coil depth range with a good clear audio response. The Simplex + is one of my favorite detectors to take out hunting

Monte

... continued .... phone died before I could proof read and finish:

Correction: My 5X9½ and Simplex + hit coins in the 6" to 8" coin depth range. That "DD coil" slipped in there somehow.:shrug:

Continued: The Simplex + is one of my favorite detector to hunt with in a wide-range of environments. The only thing I wish I had for it was a smaller-size, round-shaped coil of about 5" diameter. It's needed for the toughest of iron debris sites I frequently search. But not only is this coil my favorite on the Simplex +, but I am really glad they added the new Park 1 mode as it is working very well. This is one detector model that I think a lot of dedicated hobbyists or avid detectorists should have in their outfit.:thumbup:

Monte