Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non-motion audio discrimination mode

I'm curious to know if anyone here has played with this yet?

Video on how to set it up.
http://youtu.be/-iKa4ha-qG0

Hi, I use this feature A LOT. I mean a lot. Whenever I have a questionable target, I check it in Non Motion Audio Disc. I barely ever use the standard pinpoint function as I almost always use the Non-Motion Audio. Setting it up is easy, as you can see in the above video which I think is the easiest one to quickly understand how this function works. I also don't run my sens higher than 80 as I think this function stays extremely stable with a setting of 80. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask away. I don't know how much there is to say about it. It works well as a tool to double-check if a target is ferrous/non-ferrous and that's about it. I have found some targets in Non-Motion Audio that I couldn't detect with the motion modes. I don't know exactly why but I have heard of hunters that hunt mostly in Non-Motion and they swear by it. Give this function a try, it's pretty cool and it definitely has its place. Hope this helped. -Marc

I hear it's far deeper than motion too. Ged "Peacehavens" in England uses it the same way you do. But his old Viking detector was nothing but Non-Motion and he loved it. I can see it working in fields with not alot of modern trash, but in a park....I bet it's murder on the ears, every bottlecap/pulltab would set it off.

I have started using this as my pinpoint instead of regular pinpoint mode. It works great to verify your targets and seems to pinpoint more accurately too. I have never used it to hunt in because most of the areas that I hunt are loaded with pulltabs, foil, cans, etc. I could see using it in a field where there wasn't much modern trash.