Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOT Along the Waterfront, But Unique!

Ron J

I am the Wholesale Parts Representative for a local Auto Group in the Boston area. My duties entail visiting any Independent, Automobile Body Shop, or Mechanical Shop. from Portsmouth N.H. west to Worcester Mass., north to Manchester N.H. and the complete Boston area. I choose an area, daily and visit the local Shops. Of course my Camera is with me!
Today, I visited Worcester Massachusetts. While finding a certain Body Shop, I came upon this magnificent building. I state this for a couple of reasons, the First, is the Art Deco Style as to the way the architecture is.The building is built of steel girders, riveted together, much like all the older bridges are built in New England, specially Railroad bridges. (I sure this procedure is not unique to New England) The Lightship Nantucket is also built by this procedure! The Second reason, is the purpose of the building, It houses a most unusual Museum! KNIGHTLY ARMORY?? I don't know about you, but Knights in Armor, Swords, Balls with Spikes mounted to chains, etc., has always intrigued me since I was a Young Boy. You know, King Arthur, Robin Hood an the like...admit it, you enjoyed it too! You never had a Sword fight? Com'on....
Checked on line, this place is really special. "it is the ONLY dedicated Museum in the Western Hemisphere! One of few collections of Armor, outside of Europe" The site states, the building is the First, all Steel and Glass Construction in America, built in 1931 opened its doors to the public, and continues to this day. Visit the Web : www.higginsorg/history-museum

Road Trip this weekend! Can't Wait..:thumbup:

Rj :usaflag:

Amazing what you will find if you just stay aware of your surroundings!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the info. I have a Son and three Grand Sons who would benefit from a visit there and it would make a great day-trip!:)

CJ

If you would like a tour of the Nantucket Lightship, berthed in East Boston, let me know. It would have to be on a weekend though!
Ron j.

n/t