Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing Special, but nice day to hunt

DiggerODirt

Thursday Afternoon hunt for about 2 hours in a lot I have hit many times...I like the challenge of seeing what I can find in places I have hit again and again...It was 2 wheats ('55, '56) and buffalo nickel (1926), and the junkiest jewelry you can dig...nickel plated plastic...YUK!!!

11-29-12PorterSchool1.jpg

11-29-12PorterSchool2.jpg

100_3294.jpg

11-29-12PorterSchool.jpg

HH,

Wow, I can't believe how nice the buffalo looks. Our come out of the ground looking like rusty iron. Got to love these great hunting days. Ours are painfully short here in Indiana though. We go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. My only hunting chance is the weekend. Thanks, for posting.

Don
HH

you found a nice buffalow, in great shape most nickles i find even new ones dont like the dirt around hear

The buffalos seem to be made of a softer alloy than modern nickels...they usually come out of the ground worn nearly flat and no dates.
I have also found red and black buffalos from the ground mineralization and fertilizers.

HH,