Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now that the AT Pros been out for a while

Rick(ND)

I have seen some positive feedback and got me curious about them and time to try a new detector again so i need some feedback myself as what you like and don't like about it.
I am a Sovereign guy and a E-Trac plus my wife uses a MXT as these are the ones i keep. I have tried the F-75 SE and it is great, the Shadow X5 is also and the Tesoro Tejon do well too. Tried a few different Garrett's over the year with the GTA 1000 Power master one of my favorites back in the early 90s, didn't like the GTI at all for me. Now these AT Pros have my interest and see some that post on our Sovereign forum have the Pros also, so would like to hear what you all have to say about the AT Pro before i decide on one. I need it for coins and relic hunting and yet like it light weight as my 63 year old body isn't as good as it used to be. I also do some competition at out local club hunts so I like fast response and also a detector I can set up easy for my grand children to us and have decent luck with. One thing i like it is is waterproof the way it sounds as it seems like I don't know enough to come out of the rain at time when finds are good, think many are like me on that one.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Rick

Not much more to say - I think you just sold yourself! It will do great for kids to Pro's. Can withstand a leaky juice box or a douse with a beer.

I've used a number of different detector brands through the years, but I can honestly say that I like this one the best by far.

its the greatest thing since sliced white bread :detecting:
seriously its the best detector ive used in 37 years & ive owned them all

Rick ,
Now that my machine is running nicely and does not false the way it did in the beginning , I'm really liking this machine ......It came out too late to really use it underwater , but the coil in shallow water does not leak ....Can't speak for a total dousing yet ......

The good for kids .....

1) The arm cuff is close to the handle and easy for kids to reach .....Too crowded for adlults, but workable
2) Very easy for kids and adults to run ...
3) Light weight for kids and for adults
4) Short headphone wire so doesn't droop too much for kids ....Adults would want it longer ...

Once you teach a child how to ground balance , and how to push a button for the program that they want to hunt , it's pretty much a set it and forget it machine ......Very easy to use , but still has really nice features like the Iron Audio button that you can hit to check a target for iron ....The screen is small and so are the controls , so kids won't have a problem with that either ..... The AT Pro has some nice features , but actually size wise , I think that it is geared closer in size for a child than an adult .....It would really lend itself well to children ..... yet has enough features to keep any adult happy .... I too run my E Trac and Excal , but really enjoy a break and getting out with my AT Pro for a fast run down the beach and hitting targets and pinpointing with great accuracy with the AT Pro .... It's really a FUN machine to run ....Don't let the size and the price fool you .....This is one serious little machine !!.... It's pretty darn deep too !!..... Try it , you'll like it !!....Jim

The only thing I don't like about the AT PRO is where the headphone jack is. Other then that it's seems so far to be a awesome detector. Very deep.

I like the idea it is light weight and so many like this detector. Sounds like it also can make a great detector to car in the car for those times you want to do a quick checkout of a area.
Also like my Wife's MXT I used it sure was fun to use after using my Minelab for a while and did OK too. Maybe in a week or so i will have to order in a AT Pro to see for myself what it can do for me and my hunting.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Rick

I'm just glad that Garrett's finally came out with a new fresh water wader(which is what I will primarily use the AT Pro for).:garrett::detecting:
It's been such a long time since their last one(AT4) and my old Sea Hunter VLF is ancient. That AT Pro seams like the best available machine for fresh water wading. 15kHz, too, just like my old Sea Hunter VLF, which is very sensetive to small gold.:wiggle: Happy Hunting!:)