Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 800 or ORX for freshwater jewelry hunting

Not sure if this question has been asked in the past...I'm interested to find out opinions of which unit shines more for freshwater jewelry hunting.

Thanks in advance

Equinox 600 and 800 are fully waterproof and can be submerged. Waterproof headphones are available.
There have been a few reports of leaks. Warranty covers it.

The Orx is not waterproof. You can submerge the coil about 2". After that you will lose the wireless connection between the coil and the control unit. There is a Deus/Orx underwater kit $70?
You cannot submerge the control unit.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
Equinox 600 and 800 are fully waterproof and can be submerged. Waterproof headphones are available.
There have been a few reports of leaks. Warranty covers it.

The Orx is not waterproof. You can submerge the coil about 2". After that you will lose the wireless connection between the coil and the control unit. There is a Deus/Orx underwater kit $70?
You cannot submerge the control unit.

Jeff

Which one do you prefer for shallow freshwater hunting?

Which do you prefer for gold jewelry in water ?

Thanks

I’ve been using the nox 800 with 6” coil and waterproof headphones for freshwater jewelry and am very impressed.... when set up right it can hit on the smallest of small targets such as shotgun bbs,etc.... I posted some recent finds in the “ today’s finds” forum ,will give you an idea of its capabilities...

Nox I had a Deus I've already found more gold with my nox I mostly salwater beach hunt.
Mark

I have both and I hunt with both in the freshwater. The Orx with 9" round coil is a pleasure in the water. Equinox w/ 11" coil in the water is harder to swing and more tiring in the water. I buried a small ladies gold ring in the ground and compared both. The Equinox went about 1" deeper. I don't worry about using the Orx in the water. Actually I am afraid the Equinox will leak one day. I put the Orx in a waterproof bag along with a wire that connects to the coil and put it inside my waders in a pocket and it works great and I'm not worried about it leaking. With Orx I run deep mode, disc at 7, recovery 2, sensitivity 96 and iron off.

While I haven't had my Deus in the water I have had my Equinox in the fresh water for 2 years on dozens of hunts. I regularly hunt the Deep end "rope line" and haven't had a single issue. Something about the multi IQ has opened up my swimming holes with some nice finds.
HH Jeff