Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nt

where I live Scott, which is the iron ore belt from north east Alabama on down towards Birmingham. A detector that does extremely well on air test doesn't always get the depth here either.
I've hunted this area with a 2ba Nautilus, MXT, Explorer, Tejon, several Fisher CZ series, Troy X-5, Sovereign GT, Garrett 250 and 2500, .... and the X-Terra 50 & X-30.
Not all give good results, matter of fact, I sold the Garretts and the X-5 because they lost a huge amount of depth here. The Tejon had to be turned down so much to run stable that it lost any normal depth advantage compared to other locations I used it in. The Garretts did not fair well here at all, minor depth and poor seperation qualities in this bad dirt.
The CZ still gets respectable depth but the iron ore gives it fits and enhances the falsing on deep targets. The MXT runs great here and so does the Explorer, Sovereign, X-Terras, and the Nautilus with good results in overall stability, performance and depth.
I'm a firm believer that some machines just perform well in some areas and not so in others, they all have strong points and weaknesses. That's a given !
I'm anxious to see how the T2 will perform here, and, if all goes well I will have some idea by next weekend :)
I'm not very scientific by any means, I just like to hunt and see how a detector works in my area and that's all that really matters to me when it comes down to detecting.
Nice report by the way.
H.H.
Mike

I can't remember how the Advantage did in your ground. Would you posts some thoughts on the T2 vs the Advantage with 10" coil for coins? Not just depth but iron handling/masking.

Thanks
Tom

How do those other machines mentioned compare once you switch to a Double-D coil ? I notice the ones you mention as not losing a large precentage of their depth capabilities are either using DD coils or have a lower operating gain level for the most part.

Ralph

Scott.

Yes that helps a lot. I'm like you in that I can get along fine with a single tone detector at low disc in iron BUT agree it is also nice to have 2-3 tones and disc out the level of iron you like as long as it does not hurt the recovery time or depth.

Thanks for the reports and congrats on those great finds too!

Tom