Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nt

Thank you Scott! By the sounds of it, the T2 reads those same nugs farther in air than my Gold Bug 1, since about the best I got with it was closer to 2" or less. And it's about double or better what the Time Ranger saw, though to be fair, that was with the 4" coil.

That hot rock's a Gold Basin meteorite. Except for the iron content, it will read like a hot rock on many machines. The broken face has more iron close to the surface and should read a bit different from other sides. By slowly discing out the iron, if that's possible on the T2, you can "assay" the iron content. There's some nickel too, which might randomly ID or not.

I appreciate you testing them! I didn't know it when I mailed them to you, but I've lucked out and was able to order a T2 from Jeff. When it arrives hopefully this week, and the samples make it back here from you, I'll test them again on my various detectors.

Don't forget to keep the larger Black Hills nug for your time!

-Ed