Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nt

Hi Scott. How long do you leave the overlay on before changing it for a new one? I put an overlay on a CZ a few years back and when I took it off it left a sticky residue. Have you had that happen?
Thanks. Don

Scott,
slightly off topic question. Is the T-2's screen backlit?

...I noticed it will depress. Do you know if there's a function when depressed? I inadvertently pressed it one time and the screen cleared, but that's all, I think.

Pressing the dial while hunting will perform the same function as pressing the button. It will return you to the last setting accessed on the menu.

There was some concern that overuse of the dial 'switch' function could be detrimental on the reliability of the dial. The dial's primary function is to turn, not act like a switch. :blowup:

Bottom line.....Basically forget it does that. :punch:

However, I myself see it being beneficial when nugget hunting in all metal mode where you are keeping a constant watch on the ground signal and your balance.:thumbup:

Been waiting for someone to notice that one :wiggle:

:detecting:

Mike,
When you do manual ground cancel just leave it there.Don't go back up to all metal. You can make an immediate adjustment when the ground changes.

n/t

Geesh. All the thought put into the machine and they skip on that :( I guess it was a cost thing.

Backlighting such a large LCD with 4 AA batteries would put a big drain on battery life. I would imagine there are relatively few who actually hunt in the dark or extreme low-light conditions anyway. For those who do, there is always the DFX......

Ralph

Makes sense. Would have just been nice is all but not a big deal to me. What is with these detectors using AA's? Why not rechargeable packs?

you can very inexpensively pick up some clear vinyl at a fabric store...cut it to whatever size you want...static electricity holds it in place...I use a pretty thick piece on my CZ=70 Pro...no residue!

With the bright white LED's you see everywhere now, maybe a small light could be positioned above the display?

I see an opportunity for a few aftermarket products to enhance this machine.

-Ed