Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nulling help

A

Anonymous

could someone explain what nulling is and how it relates to threshold, im really stuck on this one.should i hear the thresh or not.and whats falsing

The threshold should be adjusted just to the point where we hear a slight hum as a general rule.
The Explorer uses threshold null discrimination which means a rejected target causes the threshold to go silent. The time the threshold is silent is a null.
A false signal is when you hear the audio increase but cannot find any target that has caused the increase.
HH, Cody

And it nulls out only over the area you have disced out.
I believe if your screen is wide open then there are no nulls.

Tony,
I find that even after passing over a target that produces a good target response, there will be a short null produced. It is so short that it is barely noticeable. I do not think that this is very important, but just an observation on my part
HH,
Glenn

I have also noticed that but thought I would do something different and not do my normal page and a half on null and false signals. You are an engineer so know there is a lot more to the threshold, null, and false signals.
Also, I very much enjoy your comments.
HH, Cody

I have a question. I always thought that nulling was when the threshold when silent. In areas where there are a lot of targets, I have experienced the threshold going silent with just targets coming one after the other, without the detector ever recovering to the threshold. Is this called nulling too?
rgds, bing

and I have experienced areas where the nulls block out the threshold for seconds at a time. I never use any disc and hardly ever use IM.
Now I run my sens at levels that avoids this excessive nulling and it seems to be working just right.
rgds, bing