Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, all you Excellerator guys...

A

Anonymous

I've got a couple of questions for you.
[1] Is the 5" a substitute for the 5.3 Eclipse? Would it make sense to own BOTH of these coils?
[2] Do I understand correctly that both Excellerators are DD configuration? I recently got the big Eclipse DD, and was pleased in the way it quieted down my machine. Can I expect the same result with the Excellerator?
[3] How do the things pinpoint? One thing I did not like about the Eclipse DD is the pinpoint. I got used to the round coil. Do the Excellerators point at the center of the coil, or the tip?
[4] I don't hear much anymore about the Jimmy Sierra Hotshot coils. Does anybody use them anymore?
[5] If I were to call Kellyco, would I get a better price than what is listed in the catalog?
Sorry for jabbering, but I am trying to sell myself on getting one or both of these coils. I'm new to this game, having an MXT for 1 year now. One of the first things I did was get a 5.3 coil, and it stayed on my machine for a long time. I found over 2000 clad coins, along with a few rings and bracelets, so the 5.3 works. You guys have got me wondering what I am missing, though!
Let me have your thoughts, if you don't mind.

No on the 5" excellerator if you have the 5.3" coil already. I opted to buy the 5" excellerator instead of the Whites model. I bought into the hype that a coil can see thru trash/nails to find a coin.

Because it's a DD coil I would also compare it to a 3x6 Shooter. Aslo, target seperation will be similar with the 5.3 Eclipse but ability to handle bad ground goes to the Excellerator.
I don't own the Excellerator but from what I've heard it may have the ability to replace the 5.3 AND the 3x6. In normal ground, elliptical coils are usually known to get a little more depth, but from user testimonials it seems that the 5" Excellerator really competes with the 5.3 in depth. If these tests are true then I can see this coil replacing 2 of White's own coils.

Scott
The 5 inch ex coil IS a DD coil, the 5.3 is coecentric. So nope it aint a sub. This little coil is awesome in trash and has good depth. Without a doubt it will sound off good on a six inch wheat penny. Yes using the " X " method they will pin point in the center of the coil. I am uncertain about the hotshot. Not sure if it is coecentric or DD. The 14 being a DD does a good jod of seperating targets and may very well be about the deepest coil made for the MXT. The handle ground better and run smoother than the stock , Since I got the 14 and 5 inch ex. coils I have not had the stock back on the MXT, The 14 weighs about 6 or 8 ounces more than the stock but aint bad and once you start using it you will spend more time digging than swinging so the swinging won't be what gets your arm tired. And yes you can get one cheaper than the price listed, Give JW a call, he'll hook ya up.
Ray