Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, here's a pretty good story...first gold ring -- sort of... :wink:

sgoss66

I found my first gold ring -- a nice 14K men's band. Problem is, that only got me back to "even..." :)

Here's the deal...

I went hunting about two weeks ago. I was hoping to find a ring, so was digging some lower tones with the GB Pro, with no luck. Tried two different parks. No rings, some clad and a wheatie and a tax token, along with a bunch of lower-tone trash. But, when I got home, I discovered something. I LOST MY WEDDING BAND! It's a long story why it happened, but basically the bottom line is I had NO IDEA where I lost it. Right at the start of the hunt, I checked the ring just for grins, and it rang up as a solid 71. That was the last time I knew for sure that I had it. So, needless to say, my wife was NOT pleased, and I took PLENTY of abuse from friends -- (you went metal detecting and you LOST a ring?? HA HA HA!!!)

So, after being really upset for a few days and feeling like a total idiot, and after some support from other hunting buddies encouraging me that I might be able to find it, I decided to plan a trip back to the parks with my trusty Gold Bug Pro, to look for it. I of course knew it would be like finding a needle in a haystack, since I was NOT paying attention to exactly where I walked -- there was no way I could "retrace" my steps and thus pretty unlikely I'd get my coil over the ring. The only things going for me were that it would be on top of the ground, and thus would give a loud, clear signal, and I knew I only had to pay attention to VDI 71 (or maybe a number or two either side of that) -- plus, I had my GOLD BUG!

Anyway, without a whole lot of hope, I headed out, and started at the first park I hunted. I tried to "retrace my steps," but it didn't take long to see that it would be somewhat futile. I found that in several places, I was not at all sure where I had walked. I ended up just wandering around trying to figure out where I walked. Sometimes, I figured out my prior path, other times, I have no clue if I was even close. After a frustrating hour and a half, I had about given up at that spot, and so headed back to the truck trying to retrace the path I took back to the vehicle the prior hunt. When I got to the truck, ready to go to the second park, I just couldn't give up. The thought I had right then was that I remembered I had made a few trips to the trash can there by the parking lot to empty my "trash pouch" SO, although I looked around the can already, I gave it one more shot. A minute or two later, about 20' from the can, I got a loud tone, which quickly drew my eye -- I didn't even look at the VDI screen, and there, on the ground in the dirt, was a shining ring! I was absolutely shocked! :yikes: I could NOT believe I found it!

So, the story had a happy ending, and I guess I can say I found my first gold ring. If I just leave it at that, then it's all good. :lmfao:

Hopefully, the next one is not too far distant in the future, and hopefully, it's NOT my OWN!

Steve

Oh thats a story lol. Thats good detecting skills.

I cant wait to look for this big diamond earing a freinds/freind lost.He was showing it off acting all cool about how its worth $3000. LOL he lost it no more than 10- minutes after.Its still there somewhere on the front lawn.

Wow Steve Your right I would have giving you the the whole 9 yards on the lost of the wedding band, But if I was there to help you, I would have been. I'm glad you found it. Can we laugh now ?

I got the whole 9 yards, for sure, but I did have some detector friends there to help (as you said you would have Ken -- thanks!). A couple of the guys, a few days prior to when I found it, had searched the second park looking for it, but obviously it wasn't there; another friend was en route to help me hunt the day I found it, but I found it before he arrived. A third guy was going to look for it a couple days later, but turns out he didn't need to.

Yes, you can laugh now. :) I'm past the "it's not funny" stage -- it's kind of funny now; dumb, but funny. It's back on my finger, which is what matters! I can laugh now. :)

Steve

Now that is a story!!! You should have asked for my gold bug. Least you would have had 2 machines that would ID the same #. Now question is, what ya gonna do with it next time you go hunting??? Lol

sgoss66 said:
Bart --

It stays at home, or in the truck, from NOW ON!! :)

Steve

As does mine once I've done a test reading with it on the ground.

you must be "irish!"..good for you!
you "caught a break!"..nice to catch a break every once in a while!
just sayin!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

steve!..ya must have done a good deed that day!..the "man" was sittin' on your shoulder!
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Way to go Steve glad you didn't give up. Lost some detecting points with the wife but salvaged them in the end. I love happy endings.:cheers:

Here you go Steve you got lucky most people don't get out of the dog house that easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts

HH