Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, I'm gonna drink the Nokta koolaid

Habanero

I've a Fors Core on the way that should arrive sometime next week. I'm a coin and jewelry hunter, mainly stick to parks, who is hoping to see an upgrade in performance and finds over my AT Pro and Tesoro Outlaw. I don't live in a place that will hold much if any older coins but they do pop out of the ground on the rare occasion; hoping that will change for the better as well. By the way, anyone using the Garrett carrot as a pinpointer? I'm just wondering if it will play nice with my Nokta when I get to using it.

Something tells me you'll be using that ATP for a boat paddle very soon lol. Remember these machines are probably the best audio machine you'll ever use. Use excellent quality headphones and study a target before you dig it. You'll learn the sounds much quicker that way. Alas pinpointers might give you a little chat but what the heck.

Thanks JFlynn and I am using a set of the Killer B camo headphones. Problem is it's so darn hot here in Texas already that I often go without them for comfort. The AT Pro actually already got the boot to make room for the incoming Nokta; while it was a great detector in it's own, I'm sure I won't miss it too much. The only detector I ever used that played heck with my pinpointer was a Whites M6; that thing go so chatty when powering on the pinpointer that it drove me nuts. That was a 14khz detector though whereas the Nokta appears to be 15khz. Anyone finding any jewelry with their Fors Core or with it with those types of targets in mind?

You will find that the Nokta is not the best at separating coins from aluminum trash in parks. The TID numbers run too close together. Some folks say they can hear the difference within TID numbers, but I'm still learning that.....if possible.

Where is shines is in iron infested sites.

Good luck, though.

John said:
You will find that the Nokta is not the best at separating coins from aluminum trash in parks. The TID numbers run too close together. Some folks say they can hear the difference within TID numbers, but I'm still learning that.....if possible.

Where is shines is in iron infested sites.

Good luck, though.

I'm sad to hear that John since 90% of my hunting is in aluminum trashed parks and rarely in the iron. I'm hoping my experience will be better than what may be expected.

Habanero the trick is if the numbers are not rock steady when going over a target slowly, coming and going, more than likely it is not worth digging. Also there is a distinct sound to a good metal target compared to aluminum slaw. Good targets sound rock solid, aluminum has a hollow washy sound. You have to learn the audio plain and simple. Very nuanced machine, study your targets before you dig them for a while when learning it. Coins have a very short report where as other stuff most of the time does not.

JFlynn said:
Habanero the trick is if the numbers are not rock steady when going over a target slowly, coming and going, more than likely it is not worth digging. Also there is a distinct sound to a good metal target compared to aluminum slaw. Good targets sound rock solid, aluminum has a hollow washy sound. You have to learn the audio plain and simple. Very nuanced machine, study your targets before you dig them for a while when learning it. Coins have a very short report where as other stuff most of the time does not.

I understand now, my Tesoro units were all like that except only a single tone. Lot's of information in that one tone though to give you an idea bout what was under the coil. Thats good to hear that the Core has quality audio to help your ears discriminate as well.

Nice congrats and keep us updated. I have hit places behind my two digging buddies and there ATPs and pulled lots of goodies they passed up.

The AT Pro was my former favorite machine as I've had 3 of them. You'll transition to the Fors Core with ease. I found the tones kinda similar in the way both machines could so quickly put two tones together. Run the Core in Di3 mode and it's really close to the AT in Pro mode.

w