Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, you all were right when you said...

sgoss66

...that my F70 would become my "backup" detector, and NOT the Gold Bug Pro, as I had intended. :) I am shocked. I really like the F70, don't get me wrong. But I find more and more that, despite less depth (at least in disc. mode), I'm using the Gold Bug. I just "click" more with that machine. You can't beat its VDI with depth, and it is just fun to swing -- not to mention VERY capable. Found a wheatie and a 5 mil tax token today at a measured 7" -- not too shabby, and both hit very clear and solid. There was plenty of depth there to spare; they hit hard and NO question as to "digability" on those two targets. WOW.

I have to admit, I was wrong, you all were right :) .

Steve

Steve, That's ok buddy, of all of my detectors, that is the way I feel about the G2 & GBSE.................:detecting:

Who cares who was right or wrong? Just that you found a machine you really like. That's whats it's all about! We just happen to all like it too!! Lol

Yep, I did definitely find one that I like! Now, if Fisher/FT can just come out with the "Silver Bug Pro," I'd be set!! :) Those two, and I may never buy another machine!! Make it multi-frequency (to give me some "ferrous" info along with conductivity), and make it deep like the F70/F75/LTD -- and I'm gettin' me one of those bad boys, and then I'm totally set! My arsenal would be complete!

Steve

the hunt is not for whats in the ground its for the perfect detector :surprised: i am sure they can do it but they dont so we keep lookin :detecting: i am looking for my 4th i think i am an addict :sleepy: next on the list Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, Gold Bug is the dry sand round thing killer (i.e coins):wiggle:

Amberjack, since you've already got a GB, I suspect you'd find the Lobo ST to be a bit of a disappointment. They're both general purpose machines running a little below 20 kHz, both designed by the same engineer. The Lobo is a 15 year old design, the GB is a 1 year old design.

I'm not knocking the Lobo, it may be a bit dated but it's still a good machine. It's just that for someone who already owns a GB/G2 type machine, a Lobo seems a poor choice for a second machine.

--Dave J.

I agree with Dave J. Get the Tek Omega 8000 for coins and general purpose detecting....It's like a Fisher F2 on Steroids!

yes Dave
after doing more research i have to agree ! looking for a nugget finder so maybe the GMT or Gold Bug 2 now i am thinking or if not them i will have to go minelab gp3500 then it just starts costing a lot of money when i will only use it now and then when i can get out bush, so maybe the gold bug 2 any suggestions are most welcome been driving me crazy reading and looking whats best for the money and then i was thinking TDI oh the pain of it all :nopity:

Most of Aussielandia's goldfields are rough sailing for VLF type machines. A GB/G2 with 5 inch searchcoil is probably going to do just about as well as any other VLF gold machine there, and you won't likely be running it "wide open". Then there are the PI's, which cost a lot more and eat batteries and aren't exactly ergonomic, but they really do handle the mineralization better. We don't make PI's, so if you decide to get a PI, I would be inclined to steer you toward the White's TDI, which I haven't used myself but I know it has earned a pretty good reputation in the under-US$2K price bracket.

Don't count the GB/G2 out for Australian gold prospecting. The best areas to search with it are probably the ones where the Minelab guys think they've "cleaned it out", when in fact all they've done is dug all the stuff that their Minelabs have beeped good on. There is no such thing as "searched out". The reason for that, is that a particular kind of machine (and its typical owner) "sees" targets in a particular way. When you come in there with a machine that sees targets in a different way, you find targets the other machines and their owners missed. The advantage of a GB/G2 with 5 inch searchcoil is that you've got a good metal detector in fact designed for gold prospecting, and it's as different as it can be from a Minelab PI.

--Dave J.

Hey Dave

cant find any holes in your suggestions and i brought the gold bug to do exactly what you said, i just got in my mind because i have to turn sensitivity down in wet salt sand it wont work out there in the gold Fields, much cheaper to buy a 5in coil which i have not used so how do i know if it works or not, just the gremlins in my mind most probably.

so thanks for reminding me and i have to go there to find out hey i am 3 or 4 hrs away from gold fields so will get out there in a month or too once the weather is right.

i know just from going down the beach after a more expensive machine with the gold bug i find coins ect.....

so a 5in coil is cheaper than a new machine :clapping: and who knows what i come home with :wiggle:

i was wondering how my DF PI may go out there too will take them both and see what happens.....

AJ