Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old CZ-5 VS new

A

Anonymous

I know that I read here on this forum on how to tell the difference between the two,but what is the advantage of the new over the old.The reason I ask is there is a CZ-5 on ebay now and is listed as a newer one,but it has the knobs with the marks going all the way the the center of the knobs.I am interested in purchasing one and was wondering if this would make a difference in performance.

Jim
I have two buddies that each have a cz5. One is about ten years old and the other is a couple of years old. I have used them both checking the same targets, (as I have been trying to learn them as I may purchase one myself). Anyway, with all else equal(settings),the newer one hits alot stronger than the older unit. As far as telling them apart, they are identical except the older unit has a white coil.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Jay

That is a picture of the Older Model and serial number 13539 is surely an older unit.

I have used both and with exception of cosmetic differences are the same unit..Newest one will have a black front pole and black plastic armrest and the newest out had plastic knobs a little diferent than previous models..They are no longer manufactured but it stands to reason if you get the one with the cosmetic updates you will get a newer model..