Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD HOUSE HUNT

moondog2000

Went out this after noon to search an old rock house that is so old an oak tree is growing in it. Its a place kids have parties or go to park ,In fact I parked there back in 1970 with my girl who is now my wife. Any way it was a waste of time as there are so many targets my scorp went wild but I looked up hill and saw the water collection basin for the old place.I started working the field up to the basin , found numerous items such as cans & metal junk,also found the water supply line at about 18" easy.then I discovered a brand new black plastic water line running from the basin across the field and down into a gully. In the gully there was lots of foot traffic and some trash. yep its a supply line for probly a pot farm I suspect farther down the gully, I left figuring its not a good place to be. So much for detecting in So Cal foot hills.I'm going to try and add the pics so if it works look at the line snaking through the field in the middle of the pic. Also remember keep your eyes open on your suroundings because you never know what you will find or what will find you.

Lookin GOOD- when I do fields, I try to do hilly areas, or a rise, usually there will be some old bricks or glass in the area, signifying that an old house may have been there, It's so Flat around here the pioneers or whatever tried to build on every little hump they saw.:detecting:

Cool pix!:thumbup:Thanks for sharing!:wiggle:Better luck next time!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

MOONDOG......look for the bottle and trash dump! It MUST have one. Look for where the old
out house might have been. Take a probe with you. I bet you can find some great stuff with some
hard work, of course. Nice pictures. What part of the country are they in?
Katz

I went back there this afternoon & searched everywere and could not find a dump or outhouse. I talked to some old timers they said the ground was bulldozed flat plus its disked every year. the field is so full of junk but nothing old. Its a popular party spot for all the local kids and they leave a ton of trash allover. I live in Beaumont & this house is in cherry valley right above us, witch is Southern California riverside county.

I'm not going to give up, here where I live there are not too many old spots to detect so I have to make do with what I've got.I get jealous when I read the forumns and they find old coins or civil war bullets or anything old.The stage line wen't through here, unfortunatly we have lots of new houses covering the route. I just had an old timer tell me about 3 old house foundations on the old Idlewyle road so as soon as things dry out I'll give them a try.

Yeah I used to live in that general area. Lived in Norco then out in Murrieta south of Lake Elsinore. Back in 1955 when I first moved to California Lake Elsinore was just a dry, cracked, burnt, scab in the desert and Elsinore was a ghost town. They had signs around the dry lake bed - 5 acres for $495, five dollars down and five dollars a month. Who could have known what would happen years later. Wish I had bought five acres of that lake front property. But I used to drive by there and wonder, " Who in the hell would want to live here." Where was my crystal ball back then. :rofl:

Bill

Yeah those outhouse pits yield some real treasures as do the old dumps. Years ago my buddy and me were doing some dump diving out in the boonies and found some car parts off a 1920 something roadster including the complete fold-sown windshield frame with unbroken glass and the green glass, beveled, rear view mirror. We sold it at a classic car swap meet for a bundle.
We even found the vacuum pump ( precursor to the fuel pump ). We also found some black scorpions which my buddy's kid put in a jar and kept for awhile. Never know what you'll find in those places. I told my buddy if we had dug deeper maybe we could have found the rest of the car. HAA.

Bill