Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old house site still giving up some goodies....

fwcrawford

My buddy and I decided to try an old home site one more time before calling it quits due to tick season coming on.
This site has been good to us as far as giving up some good buttons and today we got six more military buttons.
I also found a couple of lantern parts with the patent dates on the wick adjuster.
One has a patent date of March 8, 1868 and the other one has two dates which are June 30, 1863 and Feb 4, 68.
Also there is a name on the one with two dates; RIESS.
Also found were an old ring, part of a powder flask, a flat button, a flower button with some gilt still on it ( I found one exactly like it a couple of weeks ago) and one item my buddy found that we can't ID.
It is pictured in the upper center next to the spur part.
I also attached a close up photo of it.
It looks like some sort of handle or device to grip with your fingers and has an attaching point.. could use some help on this.
Thanks for looking,
Felix

The piece beside the stirrup looks like the handle to a candle holder. Your forefinger goes thru the hole with your thumb resting on the saddle at the top. The extension with the small rivet top on one side and small rivet hole on the other attached to the candle holder.
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/4/6/7/8/webimg/509911943_tp.jpg

Is the circular piece with the three holes threaded? If so, it may be part of an artillery fuse.
http://www.relicman.com/artillery/zArchiveArt.zFuse.11.Confederate.Ball.htm

Very nice, great buttons!

SWEEEEEEEEETTTT Buttons and great ID by laserfeller . :thumbup: cch.

laserfeller, that is the first complete candle holder i have ever seen.

Is it a reproduction?