Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD PARK FINDS

swanie1

A woman called me, two years ago, and asked me if I would come over to her, deceased, Mother's home to locate the property stakes as she was selling the house for the estate. I knew that the house sat in a subdivision of, only, four homes that were built in, what used to be, a very old park with a pavillion. She stated that the Pavillion sat in her Mother's yard and the yard of the neighbor's home. I said "yes" and asked if I could walk around with my metal detector. She said "sure" and it didn't take me long to get there. I located stakes and proceeded to scan the property with my detector. In two days, I dug up 14 INDIAN HEAD CENTS, ranging from 1864 to 1907, 2 TWO CENT PIECES, 1865 & 1868, one 1901 BARBER QUARTER, one1875 SEATED LIBERTY QUARTER, five SEATED LIBERTY DIMES, ranging from 1876 to 1878, and eighteen WHEAT CENTS, ranging from 1910 to 1946. By the way, in ONE HOLE, I dug out the TWO CENT PIECES(back to back), and three of the Indian Head cents. I thought that I was Metal Detecting Heaven. The house got sold and I haven't ventured back, yet.[attachment 15082 DSCN1655.JPG]

Wow That is Soo Cool How do you clean your Indians to look so good? I have found some and ... well they just do not look that good.
I sure would like to find some more older coins , but I live in California ,and the older coins are few and far between
HH

I soaked the Indians and two cent pieces in olive oil for several days and , then, brushed them with a soft brass wire brush and dried. They turned out pretty good.

If it was me I would go back and see if I could get permission. Then if so detect in a different direction then last time. Then maybe try another direction. I bet you will come up with a few more.

Congrats Kerry

If I ever had a day like that, I would be afraid to pinch myself, because I know for sure that I was DREAMING! Congrads on the great finds. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.
Greg