Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old park hunt

sws33

So today I hit a park in Huntington Beach that is, for all intents and purposes, no longer a park. the maintenance people go in there occasionally and mow the weeds but that is about it. For the most part it's a homeless camp. I'm pretty sure this park was either a landfill or used a lot of fill dirt filled with garbage to build up certain areas. If you want to test detector, this is definitely the place. A 2-hour hunt turned up a $1.13. nothing particularly special other than a 1955 D Wheat Penny and possibly the world's largest wrist watch faceplate with the glass intact. I mean this thing weighs like a half a pound it's so big. Also found a key, a pewter bird with his head broken off, a set of tweezers, broken necklace pieces, and aluminum plate, a March of Dimes pin and half of a old California license plate I think that is definitely covered in ceramic paint. Have a look at the picture. I have been to this park a few times with the t2se and purposely went back with the MMK to see if I could grab anything else. I specifically stuck to areas I know I had hunted in the past, the Big Trees mostly, and the cruiser definitely weeded out targets that my other detector wouldn't. I have pulled other wheat pennies out of this park before plus one silver ring so I have high hopes that there is still silver in the ground, just a matter of time before I get my coil over the top of it.

n/t

Good luck on the hunt. Hopefully that area will give up some treasure for you soon.