Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Older coin depth tests?

Anyone out there done any depth tests on older silver, bronze, etc coins to check the max depths they can be detected? I had a chance to test a fishscale 5 cent piece in air on the ATX. Unfort the sensitivity had to be set at 2 as the fluorescent lights EMI makes the detector go nuts indoors. It was getting the fishscale at about 4" with a high/low tone. Not enough silver content to trigger low/high. I hope to get to use it in ground tests after Christmas at a spot where about 1-3ft of nearly clean fill was dumped over a very old fairgrounds site. I'm curious to see if the ATX can squeek out some deep targets there.

I've seen a video where a guy was using a GPX5000 to mark deep targets, then he checked the targets with a VLF machine and any that did not show iron tones he dug. He recovered several silvers including some walker quarters at over 18" deep.