Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega repair

Picketwire

I bought a used Omega 8500 a few years back, a good detector but worn. I started having trouble with the pinpoint button being erratic. I called Fisherlab and asked if I could buy a new faceplate to repair the issue. My heart fell when they said they don't sell parts but they gave me a service number to send it it. I did and they sent it back fixed and charged me nothing. In these tough times, this is support that I appreciate very much.

I had 3 different Omega's and 2 8500's over the years and 3 out of the 5 had to have the pin point membrane replaced. The 8000 might well be the best coin shooter down to moderate depth I have owned. And F T is great on repairs. HH jim tn

I had 3 different Omega's and 2 8500's over the years and 3 out of the 5 had to have the pin point membrane replaced. The 8000 might well be the best coin shooter down to moderate depth I have owned. And F T is great on repairs. HH jim tn
Jim, if I can clarify a Ver. 4 Omega 8000, then I am going to agree 100% !! I have had a few Omegas 8000 versions and a couple of 8500's. The Ver. 4 was my favorite and for about 5½ years it was carried almost full-time for all the urban Coin Hunting I could get it. An imprssive4 Coin Hunting model with the coils I favored.

Monte

Piketwire, need a spare for future occasions or just to keep a different coil mounted? I have a Brand New, in-the-box, Omega 8500 I'll sell for $250 and that includes shipping in the lower 48. Drop me an e-mail to monte@ahrps.org if inter5ested.

Monte?

Thanks for the generous offer Monte. I'm not sure the Finance Committee (I'm second in command) will approve the funds.