Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On the "ROCKS"

Hello all,I have been searching the web for forums for the quattro and i found this one tonight,so i would like to say sup to all the quattro users out there.I have had my quattro now for a couple months and it took me that long to start understanding what its telling me.For me,i was having a problem with rusty nails reading 37-38 and in some cases enen a twoway signal,so i dig,and get a rusty nail where the depth bar told me there was coin ,i got an old nail.I do hunt in an old park in my town that is about a hundred years old so you can imagine how trashy the park is.I know the book tells you not to hit the high trash sites when first learning the detector,but i really didnt have a choice.so right off the bat i hunted in the most pulltab and bottle cap infested toped with a ton of old nails that pepper the old carnival site from the very early 1900s you can imagine the flute music i was getting.I wonder if any of you have run into the rusty nail having a high tone with numbers 37-38 ? I asked the guy who sold me the detector why i'm getting false readings on rusty nails and he told me that if there is a coin down there it will give a high high tone two ways high left and same high tone right.he said that i was being fooled cause i was not listening good enough cause arusty nail will give a high tone one way but a low tone coming back no matter how suttle.Going back out i started to notice what he was saying.So after a bit i could pick out a 1920 murc dime that i have been passing over many times with the sov elite,cause in the same hole there was a piece o foil and a small nail n the same hole about 4" in radious and about 8" deep.I have found that with the 8" coil,his thing will find a silver rosie dime at 9" no lie man.This is a great machine and with you having all the conectors and wires hidden in the shaft,its all good.

HH to all,Ruben:yo: