Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One dollar gold piece found in New York camp.

i was hunting a sight that was used as a hospital during the civil war and i found alot of buttons and bullets but i stoped digging pull tab signals to try to filter some trash and the people that own the property put in a gravel parking lot the next week and found a one dollar gold right next to the side walk about 3 inches down. i now dig all low tones in that sight and have found gold there but not a gold coin yet. that is a nice find.

The early 1861 camps in Maryland produced many gold dollars and seated coins. I have dug three in my career. Two dollar coins and a three dollar princess.

Wow, That's a really great find man. I know when I'm relic hunting I dig all non ferrous hits.

That is my goal - to dig a gold coin. I've dug lots of seated silver and am still looking. What type of machine did you dig it with, how deep was it and what type of signal did it give off IF YOU DONT MIND sharing that info. AWESOME find. cch

The early NY camps produced a ton of coins, i dug three one dollar gold pieces and about forty seated coins. Mostly three cent pieces and half dimes.