Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One Great Hunt...(for me)

bigfootokie

Got the chance to go back to the yard where I hit it big last year. I used my Australian machine in Oct. 2011 and had some issues due to EMI. I could not get much depth due to my low sensitivity setting but did very well anyway.

This year I bought the newest Australian machine thinking it would do better in the electrically charged area, but I was still only able to hunt at a lower sensitivity than I wanted. I tried a variety of settings but nothing helped. I searched for about 4 hours over the same parts of the yard as last year and only found a couple of shallow Memorial Pennies.

I knew I had to make a change because I was absolutely sure there were more nice finds there, so I grabbed my XP Deus which I had recently purchased and only had about 10 hours of experience with. When I turned it on I was still getting some EMI noise so I went through the menu until I hit a quiet program. Making a few adjustments, I was able to hunt the yard at 100% sensitivity and man did I have some fun.

I hunted from 9 am - 6 pm, 85-102 degrees, and I guarantee at least 80% humidity. Took several breaks and drank 1 1/2 gallons of water and 1/2 gallon of Iced Tea. I was soaking wet all day but I did not stop until the mosquitoes had consumed enough blood to wear me down.

1 - 1942P Silver War Nickel
2 - 1943P Silver War Nickels
1 - 1944 Mercury Dime
1 - 1901 Indian Head Penny
1 - 1883P "V" Nickel (No Cents Variety) Look that story up. Interesting.
1 - 1900 Sailors & Lester Saloon Trade Token 2 1/2 cents
1 - Mississippi Tax Token (cut)
1 - 1917D Wheat Penny
1 - 1920 Wheat Penny
1 - 1925 Wheat Penny
1 - 1937D Wheat Penny
1 - 1955D Wheat Penny

This is probably one of my best hunts in my 44 years of detecting due to the variety of finds.

Thanks for looking!

100_0997.jpg

100_0999.jpg

100_1006.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1026.jpg

100_1014.jpg

I am a big believer in the Deus. I haven't found anything too impressive yet but I have a feeling it is going to be a great machine. So much potential and so much power. I have dug 22 short brass at six and seven inches deep in a bean field. That is serious power and it is only a matter of time until that tiny deep target is a three cent piece a half dime. Not the least bit discouraged at the junk I dig. Normally I know it is junk before I dig. I just want to understand the sounds and make sure I'm not passing on something awesome. Thanks for sharing. I would call your hunt a great one.

Don
HH

Great story and fantastic finds!:clapping:

Yes that was a great day congrats!
Thx for sharing

Hy hats off to anybody that goes more than 4 hrs. I just don't have the drive. Then to top it off, the high temp and humidity, You're a machine BFO!
Congrats on the nice hunt.

Nice finds! My Mississippi tax tokens don't look anywhere near as nice as yours (they come out very crusty). The northeast Mississippi acid clay just loves that aluminum.

I am still using my Deus more than my ETrac and am building a level of trust. Still have to be convinced of the depth though. I am getting some 6" items, but was spoiled by the ETrac seeing things at 10-12 inches.

Hopefully when I go home to MS next month I will get to test the Deus in that heavy clay.

Happy hunting!