Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of my favorite relic hunts

I was cleaning out old stuff on my computer this morning to make more space and came across an old story I wrote for Western/Eastern Magazine years ago. This was one of my most favorite & rewarding hunts of the past 29 years.

"One of My Most Satisfying Hunts"

I know what your thinking - what all goodies did I bring home. No, this time I found a lot but brought home nothing. This hunt was not about being rewarded by a great site and lots of relics. It was about compassion, satisfaction of helping someone in need; about doing the right thing.

I got a call the other day from an old friend whom I have known a long time and has helped me in many ways over the years. He told me about some dear friends of his who had just experienced a fire that burned their two story plantation home to the ground. The woman of the house made it out the front door, but her husband was not so lucky. They found him near the door in the kitchen. This couple was just about to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary.

The Husband, I am told, the night before showed his wife the anniversary ring he had purchased for their upcoming anniversary. With the dawn of a new day, just hours later, the wife was left with nothing. No husband; no ring. Nothing from their lifelong journey together.

My friend knowing that I metal detect asked for my help in going through the rubble that was left behind from the fire. I told him that I would be glad to do whatever I could to locate any surviving keepsakes. The next day I met my friend at the charred location. My friend took a look around and said,