Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Online Firmware Updates For Anfibio???

Nokta Makro touts "Online Firmware Updates" as one of the features/selling points on the Anfibio. "Stay up-to-date with firmware updates (via USB on PC) and get the most out of your detector." The Impact, Kruzer, and Simplex also offer this feature and all three have had software updates. Yet, no software update has been issued for the Anfibio. I'm not actually complaining so much as just wondering why. Is the Anfibio such a perfect machine that there are no improvements that could be made through a software update? Maybe. However, I would think there may be something to be improved upon. I'm not sure what changes or modifications are even possible through a software update, but I certainly don't want Nokta Makro to simply forget about all us Anfibio users. Anybody have ideas on what improvements might be made through a software update? Here are a few things I have thought of, but don't know if they are even possible:
1. It seems like one of the biggest complaints is the chattiness of the machine.
2. The depth indicator seems to vary according to what search mode I am using.
3. Adding a clock to the display.
4. A more stable target ID.
5. What else???
I really like my Anfibio Multi, but wondering if there is anything that could possibly make it even better with a software update???
Your thoughts???

I agree with your ideas. I would also add:
Separate tone options from the “modes”. It’s obvious that each tone option is a different mode. Hell, 3 tone is basically 2 modes in one depending on gain setting. I would like to see all tone options across the modes. Let’s add adjustable recovery speed also.