Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opening day, doing a little sniffing around

Dancer

Had a couple nice days upere in Pa. Soccer field I hunted was about perfect. Very moist but not muddy. Sunny day, low 50's. So started out not many targets around at all. Picked off a Quarter, couple pieces of can slaw. Pretty dead. Than I started slowing way down and began to get Some of those deep dime squeaks. Yep, speed was my problem, this field is hunted by a couple of veterans. So found a sideline and started a little gridding. 21 coins, only about 4 near surface. Rest down there, quite a few on edge which makes for even more fun. So had to make a adjustment for some over head power lines. Than jacked it up once I left that area. Just a matter of a few moves on the knobs. Lots of area to cover, like to work it out before their season starts. Always hoping for a gem to pop up. Anyway 21 coins $1.14

Bye the way, I was hunting the X with standard coil. Scored a mans Gold 14k Ring with it last August. So even tho gold isn't very plentiful there's still some surprises out there.

Dancer, do you set your GB to neutral? Or do you "tweak" it. I'm just west of you and am lucky to have great soil, so I would think I could get scary depth. I'm a fence sitter on the vista right now so just soaking up what info I can, thanks.

Dancer, do you set your GB to neutral? Or do you "tweak" it. I'm just west of you and am lucky to have great soil, so I would think I could get scary depth. I'm a fence sitter on the vista right now so just soaking up what info I can, thanks
Once you have your X balanced, you can tweet it to your likes. Sometimes in real good soil you can run it darn near Wide Open. Hunting without a screen is a hoot and after some experience you can call the target most of the time. Like any machine ya got to study that Manuel. And the X with two discrimination's is something else. Watch as many videos as you can.