Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Operation problems? Try a Re-Booting!

braveheart1954

Before turning on the machine, have the battery flap open and thumb on battery re-lease and get ready to break battery loose to pull out away from contacts. Now turn machine on.. while it is going thru its 3 second song.. release the battery! Should go silent. Repeat this a couple of times to make sure the battery lost contact while song was playing. This will help in some cases of machine mal-functioning! GL and HH ;)

You ain't kidding! I hunted with my EX2 one day and it was ALL kinds of goofy. I don't know what it was thinking but it wasn't what I was thinking. I did just as you said and all was well. I don't know what can get corrupted but it was corrupted! If you think things aren't right they very well may not be....

lol..yea I know! i don't know all the reasons it goes goofy except one way. i was unpacking the car to go hunting at the site and I was checking battery strength and set my detector upright next to the car... got my bag and shovel out. Laid the shovel next to the detector not knowing I left the detector on. Well the shovel end was next to the coil overloading the detector for 5 minutes or so.. I put the headphones back on and it was all goofy like you said. I did a reboot and it was fine. So I guess when you get an overload signal...don't spend too much time listening to it! lol Maybe another time was my detector was in the trunk for a week. On a very hot day I took the hot detector out of trunk and turned it on as soon as I took it out and and again all goofy. So I guess maybe because the circuit boards were so hot it screwed up the memory. Maybe let the detector cool down outside the car before turning on? Wait a minute ..now you got my memory going! lol ...another time I was doing air test on Nails to Gold in the house. I didn't turn the sensitivity down low enough I guess and did testing on 100 different items. I noticed the detector getting erratic and turned off the radio, phone, TV and lights and could not get it to calm down. Turned the sensitivity down and still no good. Took it out side and still no good. Oh, I thought It was a goner. For some reason I didn't think of rebooting till the next morning. Turned it on and it was still going crazing. Rebooted once it did not work...rebooted a second time ...success! I guess it was spending too much time turned on in house hold interference. .... The one time out in the field I used to think running the detector HOT ( sensitivity set too high for conditions) and putting up with the extra noise would get me more depth. Well after a while it went screwy... a reboot fixed it and it did it again. ...rebooted again and left it in factory settings not taking a chance to go into advanced setting because it was working! ... I stopped detecting running it hot and haven't had a goofy reaction again while hunting. Maybe high humidity and moisture getting inside may do it also! lol but haven't run into that yet! GL and HH ;)