Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OPINIONS ON THE LARGE COIL& V2 -vs- V3

So let me here your opinions on the larger coil VS the stock coil! and also on the upgrade are you running V2 or V3! If youd like to include the settings you use most and your soil type that would be great as well,, MY MACHINE WILL BE HERE THURSDAY:clapping:

if the ground you hunt on is not trashy or for beach hunting the big coil is perfect.
i sold mine becouse all sites i search in are iron poluted or multiple signals next to eachother, that makes it harder with the big coil.
im running on V3.1

===============
COIL SIZE:
===============

If you are expecting double the depth with the larger coil as compared to the 9" coil you will be disappointed. The big advantage is the coverage increase and there is an increase of an inch or two on coin sized targets. Obviously, in trashy areas the smaller coil wins out.

The thing to remember is that the coil is in essence the detector so if you mount it on another shaft assembly (other options for this work), you will have two seperate XP Deus detectors available.

The other thing is that it is worth investing in a second lower shaft if you do not want / need a spare detector as swapping coils is a lot easier - simply pull one shaft out and insert the other one.

================
V2.0 vs. V3.1
================

There have been posts about people liking V2.0 better than V3.1 but some of that was comfort with the older version. Having been involved in testing V3.X as it was developed I can say that there is more than enough added to the new version to make the update a "must do" operation. But remember, the update is not locked as you can go back to V2.0 in minutes with the PC application provided by XP if you desire. Since you are getting both coils, make sure that both are listed on the OPTIONS >> COILS menu and are charged / nearby when you update so that all the components are changed.

================

Hope this helps

Andy

Ok thanks Andy you've been tons of help

The large coil has its benefits due to the coverage - right. Especially if you are searching a certain area carefully, the risk of not overlapping the swings is much lower than with the stock coil.
There is one negative aspect - its the weight. Since there is no counter weight on the DEUS, the head heavy balance is harder to counter - you tire faster and eventually swing slower.

Seems the new 11" coil coming soon is a good compromise here - it is larger than the stock coil, goes eventually a bit deeper than the large coil and is only a few grams heavier than the stock coil.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf