Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Palm Beach Florida Hunt W/Big Coil

and all I have to show for today is this picture. It seems that people have really been on top of cleaning up the beach here. I pulled a couple bottle caps just for fun because of how clean the beach was. The Deus ran dead-silent forever. There must be A LOT of people hunting our local beaches because there wasn't even trash to speak of, just dead silence. This certainly is not what I am used to as I hunt parks back home with lots of trash and the beaches down here have NOTHING, nothing at all. It almost makes you feel like your detector isn't working because there is just silence. I honestly prefer all the noise from my parks back home because it makes me feel like something is going on. I hit some really deep bottle caps today that I dug just for fun, the deepest one being well beyond 12" but I didn't find a single thing that rang out of the bottle cap range. I will try to link up with some locals and see where/when to go hunting. Thanks for reading and hopefully I will get to the right place, at the right time before I leave next week. HH -Marc

Remember the worst day metal detecting is always better than the best day working.......Peace, and tranquility except for headphone noise.

Nice pic Joe, thanks! I agree with you Pondmn, 100%. Detecting is not about finding, but rather the experience but I do like having at least some kind of hits for my ears to play with. The beach I hunted today was so terribly clean it was unbelievable. I will keep at it this week of course and hopefully I will return home with more solid reports on the Deus on the beach. I have been asked by a lot of people how this machine performs on the beach and I can't give those people any solid responses unless I find targets and share my experience. Dead silence does not make for good reports. I will venture further out and cover more ground and hopefully I will come up with something worth posting about. Either way, the Dry Beach and Wet Beach programs are running VERY smoothly. I have not had to make any tweaks to these programs as they run so smoothly and I have been able to pick up a few junk targets from a foot deep easily here. Now I just need to come across some coins, jewelry etc and see how deep I can pick them up from. The fact that the few trash items came from such depth is a great sign and a good indication of what the deus is capable of. I will keep you posted. Thanks for reading and HH -Marc

Marc,
Just an observation....if you want to give a meaningful report on beach hunting....you could use the smaller coil, as it is what 99% of us have. :D I'm looking forward to some beach reports, because I'm headed to Folly Beach in a few weeks and plan on taking my Deus with me, as it is so small and takes up less room than the E-Trac.

I would agree with you Dan but I brought the large coil with me to FL because I am spending a month with the large coil to see what it is capable of. I have found that I have been able to cover A LOT more ground with the large coil but I am trying to figure out what the other advantages of it may be. I will do a side by side comparison of the large/small coil going forward but for the first trip to FL with the Deus I wanted to spend my time with just one coil and the large one made more sense as I wanted to cover as much ground as possible. My comparison of the two coils for everyday use in general situations that most people will use the Deus in will follow shortly. Thanks for your input but I assure you that for beach hunting, with hits few and far between, you will want the large coil to cover more ground. I already am not getting enough hits with the large coil to keep me busy so having the small one seems like it might drive me mad. I agree with you though about 99% of people using the small coil but I am trying to figure out exactly where the big coil fits in and the beach certainly seems to be one of those places which tells me that the big coil would fit in well anywhere that targets are few and far between. HH -Marc

MHirschmann said:
and all I have to show for today is this picture. It seems that people have really been on top of cleaning up the beach here. I pulled a couple bottle caps just for fun because of how clean the beach was. The Deus ran dead-silent forever. There must be A LOT of people hunting our local beaches because there wasn't even trash to speak of, just dead silence. This certainly is not what I am used to as I hunt parks back home with lots of trash and the beaches down here have NOTHING, nothing at all. It almost makes you feel like your detector isn't working because there is just silence. I honestly prefer all the noise from my parks back home because it makes me feel like something is going on. I hit some really deep bottle caps today that I dug just for fun, the deepest one being well beyond 12" but I didn't find a single thing that rang out of the bottle cap range. I will try to link up with some locals and see where/when to go hunting. Thanks for reading and hopefully I will get to the right place, at the right time before I leave next week. HH -Marc

interesting.. do you guys not have the big machines that clean the top depth at 5 in the morning? only took the french communes a few years to realize in the filters, coins rings n stuff are found

Hi Marc, hope your beach hunting is getting better. I broke down and bought the large coil, so I'm very interested in reading your report. Have you noticed any difference when you transition from dry to wet sand? Any chatter, falsing? Since the targets are few, did you happen to take any targets with you? Maybe you could set up your own test garden similar to what the guys did in NJ with the Blisstool.

They may use a machine to clean the beach of trash...find where they dump the sand and you will find the good stuff...and if it were picked clean I would think you would see a few others out there detecting...ajust your silencer to less to hear more.