Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Penny shortage. At least in my area

Dancer

Last couple of times I or my wife went to cash in some penny rolls. The tellers asked if we had any more to bring in cause they are always short. One teller actually held a transaction open for my wife to run out to her car to get a roll. Now the bank wasn't busy but still. Couple things might be going on here. Like every other shortage blame it on the Covid. But couple that up with the Junk makeup of today's pennies. They actually start rotting soon as they hit the ground.

Last couple of times I or my wife went to cash in some penny rolls. The tellers asked if we had any more to bring in cause they are always short. One teller actually held a transaction open for my wife to run out to her car to get a roll. Now the bank wasn't busy but still. Couple things might be going on here. Like every other shortage blame it on the Covid. But couple that up with the Junk makeup of today's pennies. They actually start rotting soon as they hit the ground.
A corrupted Gov mints coins with corrupted metals not worth the mintage they mint them to be presumably worth in the buying & selling of goods! Pennies so worthless, not even the cost it takes to mint them & most won't even pick up one up off the sidewalks & the grounds but I did if good enough shape to spend when a penny was needed! They made plastic mills & then Zinc ones that also rotted away in the soils lost into! This is theft of American wealth the same as stealing from the Treasury & placing on Tarmac in the middle of night but MORE SNEAKY for getting wealthy off the Tax Payers stolen monies by Corrupted GOV & Gov Organ ization & Media Forums by LIES of EVIL DOERS! The copper pennies are more valuable minted from Copper Metal so pay more for a ROLL of Copper :pnnies when buying coins to save or spend b ut most circulate through the banks & economy the same as the ones made of metal that corrupts! So buying & selling goes on with whatever we have available to spend! Hey, that's life in this sinful world Right??????? Better to have corrupted ROTTEN ones than NONE???? God Bless US & our nation, THE USA! Amen! Ma

I stopped by a 7-11 last weekend to get a bottle of water.
I got some change out to pay the exact cost and the cashier asked me if I had any other change as they did not have any and could not even get change from the local bank.
I only had $1.00 worth of change on me so I traded it for a one dollar bill.
Odd thing is I went to the bank a couple months ago and got a few rolls of various coins with no issues... must be sporadic.

Pre zinc pennies are getting harder and harder to get. With the current valuation of copper the older pennies are worth almost 3 cents apiece in scrap value. The market is up and down right now so that fluctuates almost weekly. I believe construction site copper wire thefts are rising as well. I keep and separate pennies I dig by decade and wrap. And you are dead on correct about zincolns, they become worthless in less than a week if left on or in the ground. As far as just a coin shortage it doesnt seem to have hit around here.....

Yet zinc is good for our immune system, go figure.....

I will dig a zinc but I have to throw away at least 1/4 of them because they are too broken down even to roll up and turn in.
I throw (The Rotted) onto my parking space at fishing camp. Along with Oyster & Sea Shells along with gravel of course. Some visiting youngsters Treasure Hunt there sometimes. Start em young.