Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Persistence paid off again..

knarfj

I'd been hunting a spot plagued with rusty bottle caps so I started running full disc. to knock them out, but for "just because I could" I notched nickels back in. The bottle caps were taken care of but with the nikels notched in I still ended up digging a few tabs. Then I got this target that couldn't quite lock in as a solid audio in the nickel range. I got curious and this little beauty popped up from around 3 inches.

Laying flat on the ground it's VDI reads at the top of the foil range at 25, a little low for nickels? The F-5 when notched to accept nickels has a pretty wide band so I assume that's why it took notice. Glad it did!:clapping:

I'm sure it's gold but I can't make sense of the mark on the inside. Anyone have any idea? Looks like the numbers 913 to me.:shrug:

HH :detecting:

I believe I got the mark figured out with the help of Google it's marked "916" not 913 as I thought.

http://www.jewelleryscrap.co.uk/selling-scrap-gold/42

Yeah, that's a great find especially in the trash! You really got a good one there!...most would not go after a signal like what you described in a trash zone...that ring would most likely never have been found if you hadn't done it! Outstanding!:clapping:
Mud