Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin Pointer Mounting

Yooperbrick

I own a Sovereign XS2aPro with a Sun Ray S-1 inline probe. I am looking for replacement clips or brackets to mount the probe to the detector shaft. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could purchase replacements for the my original 2 broken clips? My search on the web to date has been unsuccessful. Thanks!

I own a Sovereign XS2aPro with a Sun Ray S-1 inline probe. I am looking for replacement clips or brackets to mount the probe to the detector shaft. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could purchase replacements for the my original 2 broken clips? My search on the web to date has been unsuccessful. Thanks!
If I can remember to check Thursday when I go over to my shop I had some extra parts for the S1 probe and think I have the probe mounts that were made for the Sovereign shafts. These were the newer ones that clamp on the shaft and not the ones that had the thin strap that kept breaking.
Now if I can only remember to check if I still have them

Rick

Here is what I found for the clips on the S1 probe. I cant get the picture on my phone to download or I would show you the picture . The one I do have is for the S1 probe on a Elite or GT shaft, these mount on the arm cuff instead of the shaft as you remove the 2 bolts that hold on the arm cuff and run the bolts through the bracket and back to the arm cuff. It has 2 clamps to hold the probe which might have been the earlier model as my GT has only 1 clamp to hold the S-1 probe.
On my Sovereign XS which I dont have anymore it had clip that snapped on the shaft and then the S1 probe would snap on to probe clip.
Never had a problem with the latter clip, but the first one always seem to beak.
I wonder if Ralph at Sunray still has some or know of some out there.

Here is what I found for the clips on the S1 probe. I cant get the picture on my phone to download or I would show you the picture . The one I do have is for the S1 probe on a Elite or GT shaft, these mount on the arm cuff instead of the shaft as you remove the 2 bolts that hold on the arm cuff and run the bolts through the bracket and back to the arm cuff. It has 2 clamps to hold the probe which might have been the earlier model as my GT has only 1 clamp to hold the S-1 probe.
On my Sovereign XS which I dont have anymore it had clip that snapped on the shaft and then the S1 probe would snap on to probe clip.
Never had a problem with the latter clip, but the first one always seem to beak.
I wonder if Ralph at Sunray still has some or know of some out there.

Rick, thanks for the replies. I was able to find a solution via Demarco Metal Detector Sales, who is now offering a bracket/clip replacement via the following link:

Thanks, BQ