Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Platinum??? :confused:

Can anyone tell me where platinum will read? I never see anyone showing platinum rings and I am wondering if it would show toward gold or more toward the silver?:confused:

Unfortunately the resistivity and conductivity is in the carbon steel range. You'll have to dig a lot of trash to find platinum.

Rings whether platinum or gold can read from low foil to pulltab and even above. The determining factor is size and weight. Actually the biggest determining factors are the cross sectional dimension and overall diameter. The larger the cross sectional area (more mass) the higher it will read on a meter. A chunky size 13 mans ring weighing say 12-13 grams will read high while a petite small section womans ring will read low foil on a sensitive detector.

Tom