Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing in the woods

rick in mi

Started out Fri. Then went back again Sat. Temps mid 80's no wind. I've been trying to get on to this old farm for a decade or more. I knew where the old farm house used to be. Over the years they built a ranch hose to the south of the old farmstead. About a month ago they tore down the ranch house. That was my in!! And it wasn't posted. I don't trespass. If it's posted I only hunt with permission. But the beauty of the great lakes state is you always have one shot at it. As long as your not doing anything stupid when being confronted by popo or the owner you just leave and don't go back. There's nothing they can do. You've been warned. I've walked away more then once from prime hunting spots. Anyway that one cent coin is british I believe. Nice patina!!! The merc.is probably one of the dirtier silver coins I've found. The soil around here is normally good to coins till you get closer to the rivers or lakes. Always enjoy finding bullets. hhrickinmi.

Attachments

• 20220911_160701.jpg
    20220911_160701.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
Its interesting the coins aren’t older than they are from the description you provided of the farm. The large penny is cool and silver is silver. Any chance getting back???

Started out Fri. Then went back again Sat. Temps mid 80's no wind. I've been trying to get on to this old farm for a decade or more. I knew where the old farm house used to be. Over the years they built a ranch hose to the south of the old farmstead. About a month ago they tore down the ranch house. That was my in!! And it wasn't posted. I don't trespass. If it's posted I only hunt with permission. But the beauty of the great lakes state is you always have one shot at it. As long as your not doing anything stupid when being confronted by popo or the owner you just leave and don't go back. There's nothing they can do. You've been warned. I've walked away more then once from prime hunting spots. Anyway that one cent coin is british I believe. Nice patina!!! The merc.is probably one of the dirtier silver coins I've found. The soil around here is normally good to coins till you get closer to the rivers or lakes. Always enjoy finding bullets. hhrickinmi.
That’s some nice finds rick in mi. Your patience and persistence about getting on that site were rewarded. Good on you for hanging in there and making your move when the time was right.

You know Jim. I've actually found 2 of these British one cent coins but have never found a US one cent. Thanks confedrit. Ronstar the clad was found around the ranch house. The silver and wheat back along with the brit one cent was at the farmstead location. Larbear thanks for the reply. Thanks still looking. And yes I plan on going back!!! hhrickinmi