Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN MULTI TID FUNCTION

Can someone please explain the multi TID function in depth a little, and how to get there and turn it on and use it! I'm pulling my hair out here! Thanks in advance

I am not sure what you mean exactly, I could only assume.
Depending from the frequency used the target shows a certain TID. If you change the frequency, this TID also changes (or the item is no longer detected). This may help experienced users to figure out, what they have under the coil by simply changing the program invoking a different frequency.
This kind of determining items will no longer work well, if you enable ID normalization.
But of course, for some people like me its easier to memorize one value for a certain coin than consider the different values showing up, if the frequency used has just changed.
The only drawback of ID normalization currently is, that it is based on 18 khz, which reduces the spread of the TIDs.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

This function was added as part of V3.X and replaced the "GROUND HISTORY" screen that appeared in the "secret" options that came up when you pressed the right combination of keys. Ground History provided no real useful field information and the MULTI TID screen was added in its place.

Without writing pages of explanation here, suffice it to say that it will show targets under the coil and if you have more than one target, it will show each one as the hot strip passes over it. Both the Target ID and the strength will be shown in a bar graph format. You can set the trigger level (how strong a signal is required to activate the bar graph) and the sampling duration (fast = an short snapshot and slower = a picture of what is seen on multiple passes depending on sweep speed).

As with the XY VISUALIZATION screen, it is not an option you would want to use at all times (although some may and if it works for them, stick with it) but it is an option that may prove useful in high trash areas where you are trying to separate signals - use this option in conjunction with the audio TID tones.

Hope this helps

Andy

A great description is in the book along with the X-Y screen....when ya pay almost 2 grand for a machine whats another 24.95 to help figure out how to get the most out of it???

Actually its only 19.95, sorry bout that.....I was thinking of the MXT EDGE when I pulled that number out of my hat........an even better deal at 19.95, just bought another for a buddy of mine who is thinking of making the switch also.....

yeah I know I got mine Monday!!!

I used the MULTI TID screen,yesterday,and I have to say,I think it's more useful to me than the XY VISUALIZATION screen!:thumbup: I had a quarter laying right next to a piece of scrap iron,and it clearly showed both targets,their TID,and the depth they were at! Plus I could see the iron was shallower than the quarter. When I dug the hole first I found the iron,(a piece of rusty iron rod) then 2 inches lower and to the right,about 1 1/2 inches was the quarter!:beers: The more I read in the book,and apply it to the Deus,the more I'm amazed by this machine!:thumbup:

fastensmooth said:
Can anyone direct me to the page in the instruction manual that discusses this function?

The X-Y VISUALIZATON and MULTI TID are not "official" functions on the Deus and as such, are not covered in the manual . . . . Sorry

Andy