Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Polar plot

Nodrog58

For some reason I am unable to put polar plot back on my v3i I go to expert menu scrol down to analyze but can’t find it Can anyone bail me out on this?

Nodrog58 said:
For some reason I am unable to put polar plot back on my v3i I go to [size=x-large]expert menu[/size] No..No..No
quote]

Use LIVE CONTROLS...........ie Search-Display......Press ENTER...Scroll down...3rd option POLAR PLOT...Press ENTER......matt

Yes. I have the same issue and just got off the phone with Steve over at Whites Customer Service.

SO, you probably had an issue with your Spectra V3i and heard (from this forum and others) that a Master Reset would be a good idea; that it will "better stabilize" the unit once its completed-and hopefully-solve any issue so the necessity to send it off to Oregon can be avoided. It may well have been the correct course of action. We lucky few (and I am sure there are more out there-the reason for this post) apparently have a SPECTRA V3 with a fancy V3i wrapper (mine states it was manufactured in 2018- date on the battery flap), and once we made our decision, it blew out the band-aid-fix-work-around-software-upgrade that made it a V3i, and turned it back to a V3, despite what the sticker says. All of those Polar Plot, Pinpointer, etc. advanced features that were there before the reset, all are no more.

Steve told me more than once that, "This shouldn't have happened." Well, fantastic Steve! I certainly LOVE being a test subject for what shouldn't be. And YES! I AGREE! This SHOULDN'T have happened, as the default software should be an earlier REV of V3i software, and should NOT be the old, unstable V3 software. So, on our dime and our time-we have to send it off to Oregon despite our best efforts.

My original issue was my V3i started wigging out and began seeing everything on the spectrum whether I was sweeping it or not, and whether I had it in the air or not. It probably is a D2 coil issue, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a setting that I might have introduced-so I was trying to take ME out of the equation. At any rate, I will have Whites look into this issue while they have it for the software issue.

Hope it helps!