Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Post-Sandy pile-o-pine

Dodqe

I lost 4 large pines on my property during the storm. Here's a pic of me on top, shearing limbs.
In my front yard one 50' pine fell into another pine, snapping it at about 12' up the trunk. Then the third fell across the driveway. The 4th fell about 2' from the house right into my koi pond.
I had to work from Tuesday until yesterday clearing trees off houses and garages in northern Jersey. So instead of detecting today, I'm doing more treework. :-(

Finally got it all cleaned up.
I decided to try my hand at carving on the snapped trunk...
:lol:

You are really good with a chain saw. Trees fear you.

My superhero name is 'Shadeslayer'... :heh:

The Hudson Valley local news just stopped by for an interview, LoL! I'm going to be on Channel 12 at 6:00...
I made a middle finger to put on top of the name and had it laying on the ground when they were there. They did the interview, took video, and left. Then, about 10 minutes later, they came back. They said they were talking to their producer about the carving and he sent them back because he wanted video of it with 'the bird' on top! I laughed and complied.

Anyone in the NY area who gets cable channel 12, watch for me!

That's a damn good job on the stump . I have been through a few bad storms here in Louisville where the power has been out

for ten days at a time. I feel for you guys, good luck to you.