Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

posting pictures

auseeker

Here's Hairy Gary,Digger,Trinity Jim,Reno Jim and Silicon John

Looks to me like you guys need some anti-interference coils from the looks of those high power lines !

Doc, you would not believe how much gold has been found in the vicinity of those power lines. And, you are right, the only ground not hunted has been within a hundred yards to either side of those lines. I would LOVE to have an anti interference coil to hunt that ground. Unfortunatly all that ground now has houses built on top of it. Actually, for miles around there are houses on top of all that gold. It was an ancient flood plain in the California foothills, gently rolling hills. Great place for new homes. But before that,nuggets up to 6 ounces were found with Goldmasters all over those hills, not just in the creek beds. We went back with the Minelabs and found a few more, but by then the best ground had already been built on.

A real shame...

Digger

Digger, is that near Folsom? I knew of a guy who found a multiple pound solid nugget in the area. Dont remember the exact weight but heard he sold it for 14K

Yep, that's the area. And I think I know the guy too. Problem is, he found it on private property, trespassing, at night. He's found a lot that way, essentially stealing it. He's been caught several times and arrested but he keeps going back, driven by greed. He's gonna end up finding a bullet in the back one of these days. He's been giving all of us a real black eye for years, getting us kicked out of areas we had permission to be on.

Hell, now you've got me started! I don't know if it's the same guy you know or not. But if it is, beware! Don't get involved with him if you value your reputation. I'll give you his name privatly if you want, but not here.

Digger

Ya Digger the area looked familiar. Dang, you guys are lucky to have permission. I myself have never been out there but live just up the hill.
You will be glad to know I have never met the guy but heard the story from his neighbor that I did some work for. Sounds like the same guy from what I remember. What a bummer!

Hey Digger Bob,
I am wondering if you are the same guy who used to run Comstock Detectors out of Chico? I used to visit you when I lived in Paradise and bought some Goldmaster accessories from your shop about 10 years ago. You still prospect in Butte County ? Email me your activities and maybe I will come visit you this summer! Thanks, Robert in Austin Texas (for now)

Yep, that's me and I still have the business. Minelabs now too! I still get out almost every weekend during the good weather. In fact, I'm leaving this Friday for a weeks hunt out in Nevada. I was out there about a month ago and picked up a nice little one. I'm hoping to find it's grandaddy this time out. Here's a shot of it...