Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Power Bank as main power source?

Pumping Iron

I may be on the wrong track here, having limited knowledge of the subject, but would it be possible to use a high capacity "power bank" as a substitute for the stock battery pack in a detector?
I am thinking particularly of the Whites "tdi sl", which has a short battery duration.
The latest power banks are small and would seem to hold a massive battery life, with several at 12v and above.
They seem small enough to fit in the battery pack compartments of some detectors.
Feel free to rubbish this idea, on condition that you explain why this is a non starter?
Rough example ----
https://www.amazon.co.uk/8000mAh-Coloured-Portable-Starter-Laptops-Blue/dp/B01J6DSNU0/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510947366&sr=1-4&keywords=12v+power+bank

Yes you can
provided you have a constant output voltage
at the right setting for your detector
for the 13.5 volts sl would be a good thing
a perceptible gain on the acquisition limit targets
valid for all IPs

I'm not sure that the battery of the example comes out 12 v continuously ?

Personally I use a homemad pack for all my detectors = the blue box
a lipo of 22 v with a regulation card following the machine
18v, 16v, 13.5v ......
just a connector to add and I wear it in the back
in a hunting jacket, very practical