Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Power DD Loop Coil

A

Anonymous

I am thinking of purchasing one for my 1500. Would appreciate some feedback as to whether they improve the capabilites of the 1500 enough to justify the cost. Mineralization is not much of a problem where we hunt. Am hunting mostly for coins, or buttons.

If you don't have problems w/mineralization, you would be better off with the 12" imaging coil. Those DD's really love bottlecaps (thinks they are quarters).

Couple of tips from this mornings reading I think helped with my finds today. I had my cable wrapped loosly around the stem so I snugged that up today so that I didn't have any flapping in the wind and I turned down my sensitivity. The factory setting on my 1250 comes in at 9. In my conditions this is too high. I ended up running at 6.5 to 7 for most of the day. I also slowed down with the big DD. Found 43 coins today. Mostly pennys with some clad - nothing yet, I just need better spots to hunt.

go with the 12.5" imaging. In moderate soil you'll get more depth, better pinpointing, and retain the ability to image. I've dug numerous miniballs at more than 12" with the big imaging coil. The negative is weight, but the DD is heavy also. Good Luck!

I have a field test on this coil at:
If mineralization is not a problem you would do just as well if not better with the 12.5.
Bill

In addition to snugging up the cable make sure the first wind goes over the top of the shaft. One way to improve performance is to run the cable straight up the shaft about a foot and throw about three winds of electrical tape around it.
Bill

Thanks, Randy all the advice and information is greatly appreciated.