Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Preaching to the Choir

Ism

When I got my Deus I purchased on the basis of videos and user posts. 95%+ were positive. The YouTube videos were impressive. The Deus engineering is light years ahead of the current market. But my first impression was one of disappointment when I started using it. It would chatter and the ID numbers weren't reliable like my Sov GT. However that thinking soon changed when I got out and started getting familiar with the settings and how it performed in the field. This is by far the best detector I have used in my several years of detecting. With this detector I no longer dread a trash filled area like I did with my other detectors. Even though I am new to the Deus, my finds in areas that I had previously worked over has almost doubled. In 3 days of use, I've pulled more wheat's, silver, and gold out of a small trashy area of a school than I have in 3 years of searching it. I'm not even doing a methodical search like I have in the past. I am completely sold on this machine. All my previous trashy sites are now virgin again. I look forward to the challenges that lie before me.

For those on the fence, yeah there is a learning curve but its worth it.

Oh...the chatter? It disappeared when I got my program settings right.

I am really glad you posted this. I have been trying to tell people, who own the Deus and aren't getting along with it great, that they should hold on and keep working at it. The Deus is a fantastic machine and I stick to this opinion wholeheartedly, BUT, you have to put in the time and learn the machine. I convinced a guy in our club to get one, but after 2 weeks he returned it to the dealer because he didn't like the results he was getting. The problem was NOT the machine, the problem is that you can not learn how to properly use a detector after 4 or so outings in 2 weeks, PERIOD. If you put in the time with this detector, it will deliver. Once it clicks, as it seems it did with you, this detector really begins to deliver. I am not saying this detector is for everyone, as no detector is for everyone, but I assure you that if you put in the time, this machine will deliver in ways you never imagined.

Thanks for sharing and hopefully your post will convince others to put in more time learning their machine. -Marc

I don't have much time on mine yet but so far I love it. It is a fair bit noisier than my Minelabs but not near as jittery as my F75 LTD (which I also love. Given time I think it will earn its place as one of my two "go to" machines.